3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

well I'm gonna take my chances...its barely wider than the running boards and inside the mirrors. ordered a set of car hauler ramps today to use for the platform...ill do pics as this abortion proceeds...its going on there..bought this truck so it would work this out...

they shortened it...wouldn't have had to stretch it if they hadn't...

Hey Gary, have you thought about making your platform sort of like a dump bed? Load with it down, strap it down good, then raise it into a transport position?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

they go across the frame....drive up on em...drive down off em ...maybe one of those aluminum plates in between eventually for a cooler or something when I don't have t on there....

changed the gaskets and the o rings on the turbo drain return line..still lekas...at the swivel o ring now..fml

also under the hp oil pump theres a big plug with a copper gasket it looks like is leaking

hate to go anywhere with it leaking..my camper is white...really don't need black diesel oil all over it....

Haven’t seen a 3216 in a long time and one just showed up yesterday. Valve cover said 250hp but ecm was dead. He got a ecm off another engine and took it to cat to be flashed and they wouldn’t do over 210hp. She’s a happy 330hp now.

Despise dealerships, how about you do what the guy paying the bill wants for once? It’s not under warranty so get over yourselves.

Haven’t seen a 3216 in a long time and one just showed up yesterday. Valve cover said 250hp but ecm was dead. He got a ecm off another engine and took it to cat to be flashed and they wouldn’t do over 210hp. She’s a happy 330hp now.

Despise dealerships, how about you do what the guy paying the bill wants for once? It’s not under warranty so get over yourselves.

They wouldn't go more than 210hp because the owner refused to bring the truck in which would allow them to verify that the rest of the engine is intended to handle 250hp. Truck drivers can be the best liars and scam artists you have ever seen to get what they want. Your customer may have been an exception, but the dealer would have been downright foolish to flash it over 210hp. There's way too much risk for getting a lawsuit from a melted down engine or getting an emissions related fine. Another common situation is that there is no truck at all; they're just picking up junkyard ecms and reselling them. You have zero control of what would be done with them and they would all be traceable back to the owner of the datalink/Cat ET that did the programming.

well..off to do that f'n turbo oil return again..sob

If the washer on the hp pump is the one I'm thinking of, you're kinda on your own on that one. Cat doesn't consider that a serviceable part; if it leaks we replace the whole pump.

They wouldn't go more than 210hp because the owner refused to bring the truck in which would allow them to verify that the rest of the engine is intended to handle 250hp. Truck drivers can be the best liars and scam artists you have ever seen to get what they want. Your customer may have been an exception, but the dealer would have been downright foolish to flash it over 210hp. There's way too much risk for getting a lawsuit from a melted down engine or getting an emissions related fine. Another common situation is that there is no truck at all; they're just picking up junkyard ecms and reselling them. You have zero control of what would be done with them and they would all be traceable back to the owner of the datalink/Cat ET that did the programming.

Having the truck doesn’t mean chit. You have NO idea what parts are inside. You have no way of verifying without tearing one apart. I can put whatever sticker on the valve cover I want, or I can swap covers or rocker housings with any other engine and make it say anything. Again they have no problem taking his money but failed to deliver.

How many engine tags you want? Have Detroit, Cat Cummins etc. Can be anything I want. Point being making an engine sticker the final say isn’t a great idea.
4f923d40a43caf2e334d6ad49a657262.jpg

The most fun is making a standard C15 file look like it’s from a C32 or C7(file number, description, HP ect) then flashing it with local Cat dealers tool number and hope the truck goes back to them for work.

ugh..this f;n thing..so the turbo oil return line is good..dry as hell..but the plate on the side that the oil filter is part of..bolted directly to the block..that gasket is leaking..oh joy...
on the other side it isn't the huei pump..but there is a line from the block on the side of the engine that goes to the huei pump..that block that's bolted to the side of the engine..that gasket is leaking...I mean wtf..my 250k cummins aint leaking like this pos..

Lots of oil leaks, fuel injectors and HEUI pumps, and quite a few ECM's and Engine harnesses.

Um, please read post #4 again.

You might as well do a reseal. I’ll be glad to supply part numbers and drawings. If you don’t just go ahead and fix them all, you’ll be constantly fighting leaks.

omg seriously....ill fix the ones I gotta..pullin that air comp off looks like a real pita...the oil filter mtg block is doable in a cpl hrs I think...

its dry everywhere else...for now

phuck man this really sucks...my camper is white.....whats it gonna look like covered in diesel oil

ring cat is about 10 miles from work...so parts shouldn't be too bad.....

door seal was perfect btw scott..thanks man

Last edited:
Paint the camper a "used oil" color. Simple fix. Or you could have just dropped a gear and spent an extra $20 in fuel each trip with the Cummins!

Having the truck doesn’t mean chit. You have NO idea what parts are inside. You have no way of verifying without tearing one apart. I can put whatever sticker on the valve cover I want, or I can swap covers or rocker housings with any other engine and make it say anything. Again they have no problem taking his money but failed to deliver.

How many engine tags you want? Have Detroit, Cat Cummins etc. Can be anything I want. Point being making an engine sticker the final say isn’t a great idea.
4f923d40a43caf2e334d6ad49a657262.jpg

Takes five minutes to get the turbo part number and pop the valve cover for the injector part numbers. You just have to be part detective if you want to protect yourself and the dealership. Are both the turbo and injectors recently replaced? Maybe the owner's trying to do a budget rerate without changing any iron. You just have to be mindful of their craftiness, that's all I'm saying.

:poke:
Paint the camper a "used oil" color. Simple fix. Or you could have just dropped a gear and spent an extra $20 in fuel each trip with the Cummins!

yer a real pal jake....hopefully one day this pos will be in yer neighborhood..im gonna park it in yer driveway......even if you aint home..youll know I stopped by....