340MPH Barrier has also been breached by a Duramax!!!!

Some coolants do transfer heat better than just water or antifreeze. The coolant we were experimenting with works well at low pressure 4-7 lbs and has a boiling point of 375 degrees.

how long is a typical run? Water would be ok I'm sure for 8 seconds, but not over a minute at that hp level. And I'm sure you scarfice radiator air flow for areodynamics. In like a typical truck

On the last run the car was at WOT for 45 seconds in 5th gear and covered close to 5 miles in that time. Unfortunatly we hadn't yet tested this condition and it came back to bite us on the ass...but we did learn plenty in that run. The car has 27 gallons of coolant capacity. I'm making modifications to the heads which will allow us to run water with an additive from now on and increasing the coolant pump capacity to one which puts out 130 gal/min. We're also doing a redesign on the expansion tank and resevoir tank circulation. Like I said, we learned alot from this incident which I hope others can benifit from too.
Curtis

On the last run the car was at WOT for 45 seconds in 5th gear and covered close to 5 miles in that time. Unfortunatly we hadn't yet tested this condition and it came back to bite us on the ass...but we did learn plenty in that run. The car has 27 gallons of coolant capacity. I'm making modifications to the heads which will allow us to run water with an additive from now on and increasing the coolant pump capacity to one which puts out 130 gal/min. We're also doing a redesign on the expansion tank and resevoir tank circulation. Like I said, we learned alot from this incident which I hope others can benifit from too.
Curtis

holly cow, thats alot of water.

Is the some sort of radiator?

That is really something, congratulations. Curtis are you going to be at SEMA?

holly cow, thats alot of water.

Is the some sort of radiator?

No radiator, just two tanks built into the chassis. The chassis is build in such a way that the side rails house the engine coolant, ice water for intercoolers and the fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 11
That is really something, congratulations. Curtis are you going to be at SEMA?

I'll be attending just to visit customers and see Mike Wood and his Mustang. I haven't had a chance to go for a ride......yet!!!!! (A little hint Mike). Get in touch with me if anyone would like to see the streamliner while they are at the SEMA Show. I'm sure Goodfellows would welcome a group of Diesel Racers for a visit. Their shop is only 20 minutes from the convention center.
Curtis

Back