340MPH Barrier has also been breached by a Duramax!!!!

Would that be wheel hp or crank hp?

If it's crank, not impressed. If it's wheel, then I think we have a new top gun for dmax hp right?

You guys running Banks on that dmax right? LOL j/k ;-)

They just broke the record, I am sure they are losing sleep over you being impressed with their HP number. :umno:

They just broke the record, I am sure they are losing sleep over you being impressed with their HP number. :umno:

I wasn't talking about the record. About the HP. Curious if they not only broke a mph record, but a dmax hp record..... that is all. chill chill.

Nice talking with ya Curtis, that is one heck of a feat you guys have accomplished!

And more to come!!!

Great work!! I look forward to hearing more about this vehicle in the future. thats some awsome numbers from the duramax by the way.

I can tell you there is plenty more in the current package. This is #2 only power and the engine was never run at full throttle for a full pass yet. I believe that the 350 mark would have been reached if not for the failure and we've got a pretty good idea of what caused it and how to repair it so it will not happen again. As for the real HP number it will be what it is to get the job done. What's funny is all the BS about the HP numbers, but look who is out there performing at what levels then you can see who is really make the power and putting it to the ground. Plenty brag about it (HP) but when it comes time to race where are they sitting when the racing is done. This engine never saw 60 psi boost and is capable of making north of 75 psi when turned up. The goals that were set before the race were being reached one step at a time and if the failure had not happened it would have been turned up. Not sure when it will all be back together but rest assured the record will get moved up again.

Congrats! Thats amazing. Diesels can do anything these days!! Everyday gets even better in the diesel world. Wonder if he he has an AirDog on there:rockwoot:

WOW........ That's freck'n cool!

Question: How do you keep the salt from sticking?

Curtis , Dylan says thanks for the picture of you and Andy. P.S. you and Lynn are his new Bonneville heroes . Also we need to talk about the new D-Max soon , maybe at SEMA! talk to you soon

Curtis! Great Job! You guys are doing cool things out on the salt. That is a very fun place out there with all the race teams. Call or stop by when you get a chance. Thanks, Brady

congrats that's pretty freakin incredible!! records being broken left and right for us diesels..

Thanks Sheldon, It was a real thrill to meet Andy Green, he was there driving the Mormon Meteor III just before it goes on permanant display in a collection somewhere. He is a really cool guy and is very down to earth. We talked for at least half an hour about when he broke the sound barrier and what that experience was like. He's got balls the size of church bells!!!

Also, spoke with someone at Goodfellow Crushers today and they said Lynn has now contracted pneumonia from all the crap in his lungs. As if he doesn't have enough going on right now. Keep the prayers and get well wishes coming.

All in 9 mos, you guys must have quite the "think tank" to develop such a complete and practical speeder that fast.

WOW........ That's freck'n cool!

Question: How do you keep the salt from sticking?

The earlier in the day you run, the less tacky the salt is and the better the traction. Usually by about early afternoon the surface heat is bringing the moisture and new salt up, then it becomes an issue. We used a layer of white nylon sheeting about 1/8" thick to line the inside of the wheel tubs. This seems to work good. You still have to get in there and scrape off the buildup, just not after every run.

All in 9 mos, you guys must have quite the "think tank" to develop such a complete and practical speeder that fast.

To be completely honest about the think tank....there were only a hand-full of people involved in the concept and design of the car. Most of the credit has to go to Lynn as it was his vision and determination that drove this project to completion. Compare this team to the amount of people involved in putting together the JCB Dieselmax and you get a whole new appreciation for good old American Hot Rodder hard work and inginuity.

Remember that this first outing was to shake loose the bugs and look for places to make improvements. The Dieselmax had 95 runs on the car before they reached their top speed. I truly hope we've opened their eyes over at the JCB Corperate Offices. There could be the mother of all diesel showdowns brewing for next year.....I've got a 454 Duramax can of whoopass just waiting to be opened for that special occasion. Can't wait till next season. I'm not exagerating when I tell you there is 400 mph in this car.

you need one of these on the front of that thing. :hehe:

Attachments

• stack%20001.jpg
    stack%20001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 22
That spoiler looks bad asssss! What's the mileage drop to without it on???

Back