370 Camshaft?

Looks like a cheap upgrade. I would like to here some real life experiance also.

Absolute horrible camshaft for the street. Spool up is terrible. Used one in a test truck once then pulled it and threw it into the corner.

Absolute horrible camshaft for the street. Spool up is terrible. Used one in a test truck once then pulled it and threw it into the corner.

This is kind of what I figured, lol. It seemed to good to be true to have a cam similar to Hamilton's 178/208 for 1/3 the price.

Just for conversation/s sake, why is it a crappy cam for the street? I'm guessing because it's designed for an engine that runs WOT all the time...

Yes. Only time I found that it "worked" ok was around 2400rpm but before that it was a pig.

Not trying to insult you but are you sure it wasn't from install error or another modification gone wrong? Enterprise is very reputable and said they've run it multiple times with great success.

Not trying to insult you but are you sure it wasn't from install error or another modification gone wrong? Enterprise is very reputable and said they've run it multiple times with great success.

Well I'm a reputable company too. And in my opinion the cam sucks.

Now if you want a cam that would probably work good in a puller that runs 3k plus all the time in a specific class then it would work good for some. But for the street crowd you will hate it.

The history of this cam dates back quite a bit search the inter webs.

I think he has a grasp. A cam for a steady state engine isn't going to play well in something that needs a broad torque curve. Someone might be able to find and analyse the specs to argue one way or the other, but
General application knowledge says it's a bad move.

For a cam upgrade, I'd be concerned with features like bolt-on cam gear capability (if you aren't comforable welding the cam gear) larger/fatter casting at that first or second journal where stock cams like to break with hot rod P7100 pumps. After those criteria are met, then I'd dig deeper into the profile of the lobes/etc.

The history of this cam dates back quite a bit search the inter webs.

I did find some old posts about this cam before I posted here, but they were from 2006 and some of the info that old has become obsolete...in some cases, lol.

Will raises a good point about the bolt on gear retainer, etc...which I was thinking is something I could probably add to the cam myself if it was worth buying. I'm not sure if breakage would be a concern in my case since I'm probably somewhere around 450-500hp, but I could be wrong about that.

From my kindergarten knowledge of diesel performance, marine engines have torque and horsepower in the upper RPM range, while street applications will put it in lower end. Therefore, a marine cam (marine anything for that matter) in theory would be better for a street application tha tneeds to make peak HP a the upper RPM range.