4 or 5 inch exhaust

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
Ive been wanting to get a new exhaust i got a stock exhaust that is straight piped and ive been wanting something else. i have been leaning towards a 4 inch so i can prevent taking my spare tire off, cause with a five inch it makes a tight fit between the tire and exhaust. So my questions are does the 4 inch exhaust buzz real loud driving 65 or 70 and what brand is the easiest to install and best for my money. And what type of metal is best the stainless, aluminized, etc.
:ft:

5" is louder and will have more resonance. I've run 5" with a 33" spare w/ no problem. 304 stainless is the best, but I always just run aluminized

on a diesel, aluminized steel is more than adequate.

I got bored the other day and wanted to see the difference in power between a 4" and a 5".

Well, after the calculator cooled off, lets say that unless you are pushing over 600 HP, a 4" is more than adequate...a 5" would net you about 5 HP more at that power level.

wih that said..I may have a 5" single stack in a few months

can't beat the sound of a 5"!! when mine was underbed I kept my spare tire

I have a 4 inch MBRP system, and it was very easy to install, did mine and my brothers and they both did good, and they exit in a good way so that it doesn't turn the back of your truck black. Just my experience on them.

I also really like the sound of mine, and it is straight piped 4 inch all the way out the back.

does the 4 inch make a loud buzz goin 65 or 70, and aluminized is the better one to choose???

Go 5". The sound is way better imo. My straight piped 5" drones pretty bad at/around 1600 rpm's and 21-2200 rpm's, but not anything a little sound deadener won't take care of ;).

4 inch would be fine for a truck with less than 500 HP. I have 5 inch on mine it is a Diamond Eye system that is alumuninized and I got a good deal at Source Automotive

Either size is gonna drone with a straight pipe, either get used to it or get a hushpower muffler.

I loved my 5" under bed straight piped. It sounded wicked with that silver bullet when coasting in gear.

I loved my 5" under bed straight piped. It sounded wicked with that silver bullet when coasting in gear.

you'd probably pee your pants if you heard a 71mm turbine through a 5" straight pipe. my bullet was essentially SILENT through the tailpipe vs. my sps! :eek:

I vote go big man. I said F-it and cut the cable holdin my spare up. Previous owner didnt leave me with the tool and couldnt get my 5in on there with it. LOL

Well, I need to run one of them under a 7 blade HX40. Make me some awsome sounding towing twins.:rockwoot:

I hate you:p