4 or 5 inch exhaust

I wish these were high quality sound, not my camera phone because the turbine sound was/is WAY louder in real life... that's an 800rpm idle on the red truck. you kick it up to an 1100rpm high idle, and all you hear is turbine! :D

Sounds familiar, Ill take your work for it. You should hear the SB through that hood stack though. It almost hurts.:drool1:

well, I know they had two different SB turbines... some were clipped, some weren't.

the SB I put on that same red truck had a clipped turbine. it was SILENT through the exhaust pipe :(

5inch exhaust ran behind the rear axle, straight pipe, Standard Output. Best sound in the world.

you'd probably pee your pants if you heard a 71mm turbine through a 5" straight pipe. my bullet was essentially SILENT through the tailpipe vs. my sps! :eek:

try a sps 66, the turbine sounds the same, but the comp wheel is a hell of a lot louder than the 62

try a sps 66, the turbine sounds the same, but the comp wheel is a hell of a lot louder than the 62

I'm familiar w/ the 66 compressor... even my wife commented on how loud it was!

I've actually run an sps66 on my current '98... didn't like it... didn't smack near as hard or quick as the 62, same amount of peak boost, a little cooler EGT's at WOT, but a lot less fun to drive.

My 4 inch with the straight pipe doesn't have that bad of a drone when cruising down the interstate. All I can hear is my turbo anyways. I have had people ride with me and they didn't notice that i had a straight pipe till i told them. But it is loud out side the cab.

I'm familiar w/ the 66 compressor... even my wife commented on how loud it was!

I've actually run an sps66 on my current '98... didn't like it... didn't smack near as hard or quick as the 62, same amount of peak boost, a little cooler EGT's at WOT, but a lot less fun to drive.

oh yeah it sounds wicked! IMO I changed wheels and cover on my sps 62 and it wasn't fun on the street unless you drive aggressive! It seemed to have a little more top end and was cooler but it was hotter around town and cruising on the interstate! I dynoed with it and laid down 485 and 951 with a crappy tune in the ADR box! i think with this tune I'm runnin now and the ole' trusty sps 62 it would have got around 500! but all i know is, it has got to be the funnest turbo all around!! I would like to try a 74mm turbine though, I have heard they will hit a little harder, or get a 64mm comp wheel, because the 62 lights so quick now that i have all the problems like boost leaks, valve lash etc. fixed! it hits hard at 1400-1500 and i think the 64 might be matched a little better to move some more air! but who really knows

yeah, if you're hitting hard below 1800rpm, you need a bigger compressor... hitting that low is asking to break parts! :eek:

yeah, if you're hitting hard below 1800rpm, you need a bigger compressor... hitting that low is asking to break parts! :eek:

Yeah the stupid single disc clutch has only 10,000 miles on it, and I have already pulled it once and they won't warranty it because the problem is that i have too much power for it! there F-in website says it will hold 750hp and like 1250ftlbs, It won't hold in 5th or 6th! trust me I will never wast money on a single again unless its a con-fe from peter:bang

I've pushed an FE HARD, but there's nothing like a DD... I recomend an unsprung from Peter :cool:

I am gonna give peter or manuel a call after the first of the year, i need something more definetly!! it just pisses me off to have to buy another in less than a year! mine is a spec stage 5 by the way! have a look
http://www.specclutch.com/

the reason i went with this clutch is because they are local and very respectable in the gasser world! the disc is not the problem, its the plate load! the disc is close to what the FE is, but the plate load is only 2800 i think, and the fe is like 3200!! plus i got dealers cost on the clutch which saved me a lot of money but it seems like they would waranty it or something

if it makes you feel better, I nuked my FE in a little over a year, but I knew it would happen at my power level.

I know of Spec very well... the gasser world doesn't comprehend the torque we're capable of generating!!!!!!

if it makes you feel better, I nuked my FE in a little over a year, but I knew it would happen at my power level.

I know of Spec very well... the gasser world doesn't comprehend the torque we're capable of generating!!!!!!

yeah, they told me the clutch was for the srt-10 6 speed, and it was made to be dumped 1600 rpm not 3000!