400hp 89 Superduty

Well there you go; learn something new everyday. :D

The cam will allow more efiencient cylinder boosting. Take it from a stock .379 lift to a .410 lift on both in take and exhaust with slightly longer duration. The pump is rated for 350-400 hp with a boosted engine and top shelf injectors.

The pump governs your cc's right? Who are you gettin it from?

Welcome! Love the obs idi's myself. Hard to find a clean one nowadays

That's what I figured.

Last I heard, nobody had made 400 hp with that pump.

One die hard dude did everything he could to his engine and landed in the 350-360 range. Pretty sure he's the king of IDI's at that figure.

Last I heard, nobody had made 400 hp with that pump.

One die hard dude did everything he could to his engine and landed in the 350-360 range. Pretty sure he's the king of IDI's at that figure.

Well, besides the first 9 second diesel. :D Pretty sure it had an idi in it. But then again I could be wrong yet again. :hehe:

I know a guy around he built a wicked 6.9 pulls truck once. They black flagged him cause he never lost with it. He kept lifting the heads cause of heat so he grouted the blocke and cooled the heads only. Would overheat if settin and idleing but would run long enough to make a 350' sled pull. Finally they tore into his truck in the pits and said he couldn't run anymore. Idk what kind of power he was makin though.
What about the 180cc pump? Will it make the power? I'm wantin to be street legal but I want the power to be there when I need it. And this go round I want the 7.3. Next go round will be a 12v.

Pretty sure that was p pumped, not a rotary.

I thought of puttin a p-pump on it but I don't know of any 8 cylinder p-pumps. I know it would be pretty bad if I could deliver that kind of fuel efficiently along with efficient boost.

I thought of puttin a p-pump on it but I don't know of any 8 cylinder p-pumps. I know it would be pretty bad if I could deliver that kind of fuel efficiently along with efficient boost.

They're out there if you have the coin but it'll probably quadruple the value of the truck lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I found the 9 second idi. It was a inline pump on a twin turbo 7.3 in the early 90's. was originally build as a sled snatcher but was outlawed so he went to the drag strip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
They're out there if you have the coin but it'll probably quadruple the value of the truck lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think I may know just the person to ask that will more then likely know. I work in the west Texas oil field and a newfound friend of mine was talkin about these huge ass compressor that he works on. All it is, is a overgrown diesel with funny injectors in it that allows it to run on NG.

Well, besides the first 9 second diesel. :D Pretty sure it had an idi in it. But then again I could be wrong yet again. :hehe:

Lol, forgot about him. Yes, that truck would be king.

Currently running trucks however...

I think I might settle for the 350hp range. Only sled I'll be pullin is 40ft long with duel tandems. Lol.

Get in touch with this fella. Screen name on forums is nmb2 iirc he had this one at 400hp 700tq or so. This truck is also a zf5 not to shabby if ya ask me. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUJuEA0t-I&list=UU8BRhvrvfuyOgD_PUkZlRAQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUJuEA0t-I&list=UU8BRhvrvfuyOgD_PUkZlRAQ[/ame]

Last edited: