400hp 89 Superduty

I know a guy around he built a wicked 6.9 pulls truck once. They black flagged him cause he never lost with it. He kept lifting the heads cause of heat so he grouted the blocke and cooled the heads only. Would overheat if settin and idleing but would run long enough to make a 350' sled pull. Finally they tore into his truck in the pits and said he couldn't run anymore. Idk what kind of power he was makin though.
What about the 180cc pump? Will it make the power? I'm wantin to be street legal but I want the power to be there when I need it. And this go round I want the 7.3. Next go round will be a 12v.
Where did he pull cause i have never seen one pull good locally?
I thought of puttin a p-pump on it but I don't know of any 8 cylinder p-pumps. I know it would be pretty bad if I could deliver that kind of fuel efficiently along with efficient boost.

I know where there is a 8 cyclinder p-pump :poke:

I think that is the guy that is banned from that who Pocket fiasco. Not sure if the ban has been lifted yet.

It's an 89 F-Superduty. Mine is the equivalent to a F-550 of the day. It has a leaf stack of 13, 10 on 7.25" lug pattern, 4 wheel hydraboost disc brakes, solid axle front end with kingpins, and 19.5" Alcoa aluminum bullet hole wheels. Settin on a 1/4" frame. My dad had 450 equivalent when I was little. Had 11 leafs on rear.

Wow, they actually earned the name with that truck!

Look up Sands Fence- Wil sands is the owner. Tell him chase told you to give him a call he has a complete motor.

He's in lynnville area isn't he? I've heard of that company before.
Also, I'm puttin a ZF6 in my 89, any ideas on how to set up my speedo since the original is mechanical and the 6 speed uses a electronic reading.

Last edited:
He's in lynnville area isn't he? I've heard of that company before.
Also, I'm puttin a ZF6 in my 89, any ideas on how to set up my speedo since the original is mechanical and the 6 speed uses a electronic reading.

yea he is

Not sure may convert the dash to 92-97 f-series to run electric speedometer

I've found electronic speedos for ford truck up to 79. After that it's just e series to 89. Got any ideas of some sites that may offer an electronic cluster for 87-91 f-series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk