450 to 500hp upgrades

jibmaster145

I would like as much input as possible on reaching 450 to 500hp.

Currently I have a DP-Tuner w/ 40T, 60T, 80E, 120R, 140Smk, Edge torque converter with a lower stall, Transgo "Tugger" and would like feedback on my future plans to obtain my goal.

My future plans consist of a late 99 turbo install kit grouped with a T-61 91mm 1.00 TN. I am also planning Methanol injection and a set of injectors. I have been looking at the single shot stage II or III's. Stage II's are rated at 180cc up to 190hp and the stage III's are 230cc up to 240hp.:st: But I dont know which to go with.

I am also planning a complete transmission rebuild to handle the power. Dual oil pumps will also be installed sometime down the road.

Please add your input. Thanks. :thankyou2:

lukecline said:
fuel system
hybrid injectors
h2e
h11 headstuds
DI intercooler

What brand/style fuel system?

What is the diference between hybrid injectors and single shot's? What size hybrids should I go with? sources?

Why h2e? Would I be able to put together a turbo setup that would match power gains that the h2e would give for less $$?

jibmaster145 said:
What brand/style fuel system?

What is the diference between hybrid injectors and single shot's? What size hybrids should I go with? sources?

Why h2e? Would I be able to put together a turbo setup that would match power gains that the h2e would give for less $$?

I feel ya on the H2E, I've got a garrett 71mm off a detroit that I'm gonna try and run next season. Seems theres not as many do-it-yourselfers that wanna try new things with the powerstroke as there are with the cummins.:st:

Don't forget about forged rods! anything above 400 could be a gamble with those pmr's in a 2002?

Layson said:
Don't forget about forged rods! anything above 400 could be a gamble with those pmr's in a 2002?

Very good point Layson!

B codes, headtsuds, and Big Oil(with new tunes from DP of course).

DONE.

Ok I agree with that too....I'm debating what to add next myself. Propane, nitrous or something else? Just don't want to put the headstuds in yet. I'm looking for a donor motor to build up.

Stg III's .09 Nozzles
QSSB
H11's
Forged rods
Stealth
Fass 150/180
ITP Regulated return
Fluidampr
DP custom tunes

JMHO.. Oh and that's what my new engine has..

I think you'll be more than happy with the TN and you might want to look into the same turbo bigrpwr has he's at 736hp and BWD has the injectors too give them a call for a package that will get you there safely.

www.blackwidowdiesel.com

mini mes
itp fuel system
h2e or turbonetics turbo
tony wild man chip
and head studs

Buy a 6.0...intake, exhaust, SCT and 190cc injectors....500 HP...done...LOL
Sorry guys...I had to.....:hehe:

Yea...there might just be more holed 500 hp 7.3 blocks out there than 6.0 blocks....ya think ?