475 on a 12V

Recently a few guys on here dyno'd a hotrod 6-blade FMW S475 vs a new standard SXE 369 on a 3rd Gen Common Rail and the HP difference was less than 80 HP and the SXE made more torque because it spools so much faster. The SXE made mid 700 HP and the S475 just over 800 HP. Keep in mind, the new SXE 369 flows just under 100 lbs per minute which is equivalent to a standard cast wheel S475 flow wise.

We are going to dyno test a whole bunch of SXE's in-house here at Power Driven Diesel in the next week or so to map out the HP potential on a 12v Cummins, along with spool-up times, simulated tow testing, etc. For the sub $1,000 price tag on an SXE 369, it should be seriously considered if you're looking for a big single turbo.

http://www.powerdrivendiesel.com/product/borg-warner-s369sxe/

Don't forget to use your compd5 coupon code to save 5% off your purchase if you decide to pull the trigger. If you hold tight for a week or two, we will have some published results and live stream broadcast of the 369/73, 364.5/68, 363/68, and 362/68 along with a new ball bearing charger we are working on releasing soon.

My 91 converter stalls about 1800. I ran the same converter on the 98 and at 1800 it was turning the tires over. Power on the 01' is say 600-625, we'll find out soon.

Jim

Thank you power driven diesel for actually taking the time to give some experience and real world data.

PDD do you have any data on the Ball baring turbos?

Last edited:
Hey Jim, how's life treating you?

Couldn't be better. I retired from the Navy about 4 1/2 years ago and moved from Newcastle Ok back to my home town of Quanah Tx.

Not sure what is next, need a shop to play and work on stuff.

Jim

This x2 I'm very interested about a 369 on a 12v.

I have purchased the S369SXE off of Will and Todd at Power Driven and I personally like it on my 12 valve. I haven't really been able to see the full power potential of it yet, but I'm hoping to get the truck back on the road this weekend and get some videos and data from it.

Bringing a post back from the dead. What were some of the results on the 369sxe? I have a s475 .90 t4 I was going to try as a single, others that ran one or close to, what did you have for injectors? also planning on running a 181/210 cam, just wanting to do this right since im not exactly breaking any new ground here.