47rh lost 2nd gear lock up

Lostnwalmart

Ok so I have a manual vb 47rh that a friend setup (professional transmission builder) to lock in 2nd 3rd and 4th. But I now longer have lock up in second but it still locks up in 3rd wtf happened?

I would call him and ask him what he did different to the VB to make it lockup in 2nd. Maybe it came undone?

Ok so I have a manual vb 47rh that a friend setup (professional transmission builder) to lock in 2nd 3rd and 4th. But I now longer have lock up in second but it still locks up in 3rd wtf happened?
You mean they don't all lock up in 1st too?

Lol nope. I talked to him today and he was stumped or he just didn't feel like thinking about it. I shouldn't say friend, more like friend of a friend who did a few favors for a guy but took a mars year to do anything.

Did you gesture the man with a taco? Or boat? No man should work for free.

let me see if I can explain this. there are 2 ways of getting lockup in manual forward gears one way allows lockup in 2nd manual and above and the other allows lockup in all forward gears. since you had 2nd through 4th lockup your valve body has 2 holes in the overdrive seperator plate plugged, converter timing valve and spring flipped, and a .110" hole drilled through the lower housing, so my guess would be that whatever your builder used to plug the holes in the seperator plate has come out, because you still have lockup in 3rd which a factory valvebody will allow. I would put money on a plug has come out. I hope I was helpful and somewhat clear.

let me see if I can explain this. there are 2 ways of getting lockup in manual forward gears one way allows lockup in 2nd manual and above and the other allows lockup in all forward gears. since you had 2nd through 4th lockup your valve body has 2 holes in the overdrive seperator plate plugged, converter timing valve and spring flipped, and a .110" hole drilled through the lower housing, so my guess would be that whatever your builder used to plug the holes in the seperator plate has come out, because you still have lockup in 3rd which a factory valvebody will allow. I would put money on a plug has come out. I hope I was helpful and somewhat clear.

Now im curious.... hmm

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

you have any pictures of this?

No I dont have any pictures, if some one wants to post up a pitcure of the overdrive sepertator plate and lower housing I can show you what needs to be done to achive this.

I dont have anything usefull to add, but I just ordered a full manual 47rh from goerend hoping to get lockup in all forward gears and just got told today that he doesnt do lockup in 1st on the rh because it causes problems. I was like wth?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have never had any problems with mine, but that being said I am sure dave is a smarter man than I so.

SO the modifications to make it lock in first through 4th is for the 47rh only? I have an RE i am wanting lockup in 2nd real bad...

SO the modifications to make it lock in first through 4th is for the 47rh only? I have an RE i am wanting lockup in 2nd real bad...

RE should be able to lock in 2nd.

I actually ordered my georend 47rh Vb through Ashley at BlacksDieselPerformance and he just told today me that Dave doesnt do 1st gear lockup on the RH but he will On the RE thought he doesnt like it. ????? For some reason I want 1st-4th lockup real bad lol.

No I dont have any pictures, if some one wants to post up a pitcure of the overdrive sepertator plate and lower housing I can show you what needs to be done to achive this.

I have a few sitting in the shop, I will take some pics when I can. I'm very interested in this because I've built a couple manual vbs and it would be nice to have lockup in manual 2nd with them.

Back