47rh lost 2nd gear lock up

It's nice on a full manual vb to just hit one switch instead of unlocking the converter, turning od off then flipping lockup back on

So on my 47RH VB I did the JB weld 2nd gear lock up and the transgo TFOD-3 full manual kit, then I won't have a 4-3 locked up shift then?

If you dont flip the valve it WILL NOT down shift locked. If you DO want it to downshift locked then flip it.

kleann I filled in the hole on the O/D separator plate, on the RE model it worked great on the RH model we r having some shifting problems... Has anyone else had this problem with the RH's.. Transgo told me that the way to achieve 2nd gear lockup in a RE is different than a RH.. Any help would b great .. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kleann I filled in the hole on the O/D separator plate, on the RE model it worked great on the RH model we r having some shifting problems... Has anyone else had this problem with the RH's.. Transgo told me that the way to achieve 2nd gear lockup in a RE is different than a RH.. Any help would b great .. Thanks

I haven't done it on a rh. I assumed it was the same for the rh since the plates are almost identical. Sorry man, it might be different.

I havent done it on an RH, i try to talk people out of it actually. With the mechanical governor i personally see very little reason to do a FM kit in one and try to talk people out of it. If i know someone is going full manual i reccomend a RE trans(most of my FM builds are for trucks that didnt come with an auto, or for conversion trucks).

Sorry I should have said it better.. It isn't a full manual valvebody. I have the Transgo HD2 kit in it.

Back