4r100 help?

ok so this was a precision tc, apparently it was a solid not sprag stator so that was what caused my problems.. what i was told is that it is meant for competition only and not a streetable tc. for what ever reason the type of non sprag converter doesnt transfer fluid to the tranny and therefore doesnt cool.. and thats what happened 100 miles away from home.. it burned up. so i sent it to spec rite and they are going to fix it for me.. thanks for the input guys..
so anyone have any more imput on how to make this tranny "bullet proof" apparently bts is to busy to call back or even take my 6 or so calls over the last few day so im going to go through drake/nor cal trans to do it as good as i can this time and expect to "redo" it again when finances allow for more billit parts; ie intermediate and front hub are the only things i cant buy right now.. again thanks for the help

so anyone have any more imput on how to make this tranny "bullet proof" apparently bts is to busy to call back or even take my 6 or so calls over the last few day so im going to go through drake/nor cal trans to do it as good as i can this time and expect to "redo" it again when finances allow for more billit parts; ie intermediate and front hub are the only things i cant buy right now.. again thanks for the help

I'd either have BTS do it, or hang it up and go with a built dodge trans. Unfortunately, there really isn't an alternative for a 4R100 that will last.

New customers at BTS are usually on a two month waiting list. Keep calling, Brian will take care of you in turn.

I'd either have BTS do it, or hang it up and go with a built dodge trans. Unfortunately, there really isn't an alternative for a 4R100 that will last.

New customers at BTS are usually on a two month waiting list. Keep calling, Brian will take care of you in turn.

Agreed. Keep trying Brian. I know it's frustrating but he will take care of you. John woods builds durable 4R100s ands he's in Cali.

But I wouldn't touch anything till you talk to BTS.

You could put an Allison behind it.

lol, i would put a 6sp back in it before i would consider doing that.. im sure brian is busy but i left 4 messages on friday alone so its a bit disheartening to not get a call back. hopefully monday will be different. but reguardless im glad we figured out why it burned up.. im sure my guys will be able to rebuild the tranny but i would like the imput from brian so we do it to his liking too.

Good luck sir! I would think once you get in touch with Brian he will rebuild it for you and freshen the tranny up.

You need to remember brian gives a lifetime warranty on his transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

ya i heard that. i would like to know if he got the tc for the previous owner since i now know thats what caused it to burn up..

If he did, the PO asked for it and knew it wasn't a DD converter.

Brian isn't gonna overlook something like that.

i talked with him today, he didnt remember that was the case and never looked up the po when or after i talked with him about what i was doing.. just said sorry.. basically im on my own on this one... again.
so spec rite is rebuilding and fixing the tc for me, raising the stall and machineing a sprag to make it street friendly, and it broke the pump, the old cryoed input was starting to twist, the center bearing was scored and the front drum was torched.. so doing some suncoast parts for the rebuild, 300m input, long spined front drum, dual load center support, etc.. hope it lives longer than the 1000 or so miles it made it after..

was supposed to be over 8 but im thinking around 7.. ill be dynoing as soon as the tranny goes in next week so ill let you know when i do..
adam

sorry to hear about the truck bud. If your own your wn and dont want to run another BTS trans give John Wood a call.

I think John is like an hour or two from us (im in Napa).

If JW is that close to you I wouldn't be trying anyone elses product.

thanks guys, i had it fixed at nor cal trans, trans is great, tc has cracked twice now since it got rebuilt the first time, well it cracked, they fixed it not warrentied because they didnt replace the hub, and i dropped it back off this am at the shop because its leaking again.. sucks but maybe its just a pin hole and we can spot weld it... hopefully..

Back