5.9-8.3 swap

in the end it would prolly come out more like a 5500. with a 110s in the rear anda super 60, or 80 up front. but obviously it wouldnt all come together overnight. 700lbs? how much does onea them blizzard plows weigh? the ones with all the fancy hydro stuff. ? i just equate the extra weight to sumthin like addin a plow or a big ranch hand bumper with a big winch. now the extra umpf that the motor will make would urge me to reinforce the frame. but why not since it'll be doin welding anyhow.

the guy that build the OBS Ford w/ an 8.3 built a boxed frame inside the factory C frame.

still seems like a glorious waste of time and money to me

never said it wasnt. but some of the coolest things are. my wife thinks truck pulls are. the blastoline special might fall into that catagory, a very cool waste of money

after seeing your fab skills i wouldnt hesitate to let ya do it either!!

hey thanks man!

in the end it would prolly come out more like a 5500. with a 110s in the rear anda super 60, or 80 up front. but obviously it wouldnt all come together overnight. 700lbs? how much does onea them blizzard plows weigh? the ones with all the fancy hydro stuff. ? i just equate the extra weight to sumthin like addin a plow or a big ranch hand bumper with a big winch. now the extra umpf that the motor will make would urge me to reinforce the frame. but why not since it'll be doin welding anyhow.

heck yeah man! just what i was thinkin, like a kodiak or f650 with a light duty truck body on it! :rockwoot:

...now days if it aint costum nobody wants it, so if you ever wanna sell it you prob could pretty easy.

I wouldn't want it...

I've seen the way most people fabricate, wire, and generally do motor swaps regardless of what they are in and how much or little needs to be modified to get them to fit.

Not good.

Just a broad generalization about what I've seen when it comes to this stuff.

lol, now days if it IS custom, (costum?) nobody wants it!

look at what highly modded trucks/vehicles sell for compared to how much they could cost to replicate...

yeah, you could probably sell it pretty easy for 1/4 what you have in it

all i know is i worked with my uncle buying and selling used trucks, they sold way fast when we chopped and fabricated custom trucks. if done right i think we all know it will be easy to sell. its diff. and i like it! do it and dont look back, listen to all the positive criticism.

positive criticism.

picard-facepalm.jpg

when someone does a swap like this. i dont think that they only think about the resale value. or care about the cost. id like to do it for the challenge ( which it will be) and the fun of it. not to mention the look that people will give you when they hear the noise comin from the truck. but to each their own.

$.02I would do just because 98% of people say not to or you cant$.02

Word to the wise
The 8.3 cracks cylinder liners when cylinder pressures get ridiculous, and they don't like RPMs very much at all. It's not a real good choice for all out performance applications.

Word to the wise
The 8.3 cracks cylinder liners when cylinder pressures get ridiculous, and they don't like RPMs very much at all. It's not a real good choice for all out performance applications.

but it'll be different!!!!

:hehe::hehe:

Back