500hp 6.0psd

this should get you 500hp
IMG_20110225_080619.jpg

IMG_20110225_080613.jpg

Sounds good but I wouldn't spend money on a intake put that money towards a Airdog fuel system.

Agreed! Except I prefer FASS.

We've made 530HP on a truck with 37's with our 190's, FASS, Innovative tunes and a Powermax turbo. We also had a customer hit 499 with just 190's smoked a lot but pretty close to your HP goal but not very user friendly and his dyno graph was not very impressive with that stock charger. Just a little $.02 it isn't peak HP that matters it is how long you make peak HP. Please don't buy elite junk. We have been all over the country racing and dynoing trucks and I have still to see an elite built or tuned truck impress me.

Last edited:
You'll need a FICM tune. And they gotta be 190/100's. I made 480/905 on a superflow with 190/75's and a powermax, no FICM tune

whats better for the street? VGT or non..? How much of a P.I.T.A to rig up all the piping and setting the W/G?

I too am looking for 500+ i already knew 190's were in the pic I just dont know what charger to throw at it? Ive herd the powermax is a "ok" step up turbo but I need/ want more.

I did 480 rwhp with warren 155/30 injectors, rr, stock charger, ficm tune and xrace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36gPCd2hnE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
I have a 05 with egr delete, studs, wix air fliter kit, updated fuel pressure regulator, upgraded ficm, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, innovative tunes and elite tunes(which seem to run the same) sitting on 35's my dyno sheet showed 450hp and didn't even hit 700 tq? I was happy with the hp but I wasn't so happy with the tq. I think I'll trade it for a dodge with a cummins...! and only had 89xxx miles on it.

I have a 05 with egr delete, studs, wix air fliter kit, updated fuel pressure regulator, upgraded ficm, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, innovative tunes and elite tunes(which seem to run the same) sitting on 35's my dyno sheet showed 450hp and didn't even hit 700 tq? I was happy with the hp but I wasn't so happy with the tq. I think I'll trade it for a dodge with a cummins...! and only had 89xxx miles on it.

Your dyno was good - the only thing you really had going for you was the tune. Get a turbo upgrade and some bigger sticks, you'll be rocking and rolling.

I've gotten damn near 500rwhp out of my other 6.0 - I had an MTW Stage 2 Turbo, Matt @ Gearhead's SRL Extreme Tune, Bill @ PHP's Hercules 100 FICM tune, aFe intake, 5" MBRP exhaust, and a heavy right foot. :)

Back