550-600hp dd 12v

durbin88

hey im fairly new to all of this wondering if you guys can give me advice on a good set up, im looking to build a 550-600hp daily driver, i have a bone stock 97 12v, with an ats trans , farmboys diesel told me to get 7x12 injectors and a suber b special turbo, i just found out 7x12 are rated around 200hp , im intersted in the bullseye batmowheel charger but i dont knwo what size i would run, or what size delivery valves ect... i wouldnt do much towing , this would basically be a play/ drive to work truck with occasional towing when needed, any help would be great thanks

use the search function people. it wont cost you 12k to make 500 hp with a 12v they are simple and easy to create HP. i got an injectors and turbo with a few free mods to the injection pump i got 438 at the rear wheel without an intercooler. i have only a couple grand in injectors, turbo, 4GSK, and 60lbs valve springs.

Nah, not if he's already got a built trans.

I'd say 5-6k for turbo, injectors, and studs, and other little minor things.

man prices must have inflated since i got all my parts for my truck.

man prices must have inflated since i got all my parts for my truck.

My 5-6k estimate is assuming all parts are bought new (and I'm still guessing high). And I mentioned little things. Like gsk, springs, gauges, etc. It's the little things that get you. I'd rather over-estimate and come out with extra, than under-estimate and not have enough.

Buying used parts. I'd say 2500 could get you 600ish hp.

Last edited:
I thought he said he already had an ATS trans. I was assuming that meant built.

like I said LOL I wouldn't go with 7x12's tried and true 5x14's or 5x16's with some 181's rack plug afc mods and a plate with a 64 or 66 mm turbo and you could get there

like I said LOL I wouldn't go with 7x12's tried and true 5x14's or 5x16's with some 181's rack plug afc mods and a plate with a 64 or 66 mm turbo and you could get there

Thats true. I didn't notice the 7x12 thing. I'd go 5 hole too, but if the rumors are true, a 7 hole will be a little more smoke friendly than a 5 hole.

thats probably true on all brand new stuff. i guess i have been fortunate in my hunt for parts on my 12v and gotten buy with spending very little.

i would suggest a 5x12 or maybe a 5x14 since you do have an intercooler on your truck. for a turbo i think you could manage 5-600 on a 62/65 S300 turbo i am using a 62/71 on my truck but i also have a manual transmission.

having the built transmission helps cut a lot of your costs if it is actually built like they said it was. you could go to twin turbos but that will raise your price even more. search in the dyno section on this site and in this section most ppl have put in their sig's what is done to their truck that will help you also what to look for to build the truck you want.

I have no smoke smoke issues with my 5x18's it's all in the driver

Thats true to a point. A lot is AFC tuning, a lot is in your foot, and a lot is in proper parts selection.

thats probably true on all brand new stuff. i guess i have been fortunate in my hunt for parts on my 12v and gotten buy with spending very little.

i would suggest a 5x12 or maybe a 5x14 since you do have an intercooler on your truck. for a turbo i think you could manage 5-600 on a 62/65 S300 turbo i am using a 62/71 on my truck but i also have a manual transmission.

having the built transmission helps cut a lot of your costs if it is actually built like they said it was. you could go to twin turbos but that will raise your price even more. search in the dyno section on this site and in this section most ppl have put in their sig's what is done to their truck that will help you also what to look for to build the truck you want.

Yeah, I think the only thing I bought new for this truck is the charger and injectors from Lee. Everything else was bought second hand. I'm trying to build the drag truck like that too LOL

i sacraficed and purchased a pre-built truck lol. that way i didnt have to do the work or hunt down the pieces. i lucked out and was starting to look for one to build and this one popped out so i took it instead.

haha that would be his luck. we shall see in a couple months when i get home from this hell hole of a sand box.

There is a huge difference between a bare necessities 500-600hp and a fine tuned purpose built 500-600hp. Sure a 600hp 12v can be had for a less than 12k but a fine tuned 600hp is way more fun!