6.0 cams & porting, what ya think????

dukcaln

I was thinking of installing a stage 1 cam in my motor while its on the engine stand.......waht do you guys think about that? What have you heard about the cams and if you are running one what do you like or dislike about it. I plan on porting the heads add beehive springs, chromoley push rods, porting the intake manifold and porting the exhaust manifolds then heat coat them, add a fluid damper onto a stong built base (block).......thoughts

whos porting the heads. a cam would help spool a bigger turbo but if the porting isnt right your gonna have problems. 6.0's are a pain in the butt lol. i probably wouldnt do a fluid damper either. many of the guys running higher power say they destroy the lpop.

also what are you planning on doing to the truck performance wise?

it will definately help decide if you need this stuff or not.

Lost one lpop due to fluidampr. Took it off and make more power now with no more problem there.

no damper for me.... i am doing the heads for sure (porting) and intake manifold... but have thoughts about the cam..... want to hear your thoughts on the cam........

if you do a cam think long term. Will a stg1 be enough? Not many ford guys do the cams, you will deff have the edge. Talk to the pilot guy with deranged. He has a bad a s s 6.0

I did speak with a few people with cams.. they say they see a big difference in the power range... increased and pulls really hard up top..

There is a Hypermax Cam. Just seen it in a ford in one of the mags

I plan on running the Elite stage I cam and the stage I valvetrain with chromoley push rods

I just installed one of elite's stage 1 cams in a motor i'm building.Should have it running in a couple of weeks.Don't know how long term your build is,but if it will help i'll let you know how it goes.

I just installed one of elite's stage 1 cams in a motor i'm building.Should have it running in a couple of weeks.Don't know how long term your build is,but if it will help i'll let you know how it goes.

Please do, my motor is awaiting bearings and the cam. Once it gets here then it will be installed. Thanks

Thank you, keep in touch. I think it will make for some great top end. Increase the power range and cool the motor. Along with balancing this motor should run pretty darn good.

my motor is getting put together here soon. I still have not decided if i get a cam or not. Hope that broke will let us know how it works for him...

Just set the motor back in the truck.hoping to fire it up tomarrow. If not though i'm going to have to wait another week before i can work on it again.Hopefully i'll have some news for you.