6.0 cams & porting, what ya think????

Good to hear, I ordered my cam, stage 1 valvetrain, chromoley push rods and coolant bypass lines from elite. So the motor is decked, block cleaned and ready for paint. Waithing on cam to start putting togather. Hope to haave it completed by July 15th.

sorry guys i was out of town.just got back,motor is in the truck,oil feed line for the turbo still has to be made and still waiting on the cac tubes to come back from the paint shop.i hope to at least fire the motor tomarrow though.

truck is running,i'm having a few small issues i need to take care of before i can go out and find out what it's got.i'll keep you updated.

truck is running,i'm having a few small issues i need to take care of before i can go out and find out what it's got.i'll keep you updated.

take your time and do it right, then let us know....thanks and good luck

and, and ????????? I've started the same setup and I'm dying to here from someone other than the shop I ordered the stuff through. Please don't forget to finish this thread.

ok so here is what i got goin on.this motor had 2 cracked pistons which is what started this build.when i put it together i used oversized piston cooling jets.when i first fired it it ran great and very smooth.i was letting it run trying to get it broke in.once it got warm i noticed the oil pressure dropped,only at idle.so i freaked out thinking the worst.still runs smooth though just long cranks.after talking to some guys that are way smarter than me,decided to go with a thicker oil.so hopefully i will have it done soon.

5w-40 should be sufficient. If its losing oil pressure at idle it may have a large hidden high pressure oil leak. And its possible that something could have worked into the low pressure pump and grooved the front cover. Easy to check the front cover for scoring.

I checked it for a high pressure oil leak and couldn't find one.I really hope it didn't groove the cover it's all new.

My motor is just about done. Stage I Cam is in and most of the bottom half is done. Heads done and ready. Missing a few gaskets. i guess ford will not sell a complete rebuild kit so my guy building the motor has to sit down at the dealer and order each individual one.....freaking head ache....I will hopefully have this thing running in a week. Broke....what are you seeing as far as driving with the cam?

There is a kit if your parts person knows the correct part number.

There is a kit if your parts person knows the correct part number.

I will have to call there again, they (dealer) are telling there is no kit that is complete with everything... They say there are multiple kits and then you have to start pieceing it together

The little driving i did felt very smooth and responsive,though i really haven't got a chance to see what it's got. it's been really hard to get time to get it done.as far as your gasket kit goes,i don't know of 1 big kit but their are several small kits you can get for most of the top end stuff. If their is one though and someone has a number for it please let me know.i have looked for one more than once.

Glad to hear it was smooth...spent some time at ford and got a few gasket kits and numerous singles. Motor is pretty much done. mounting turbo and top stuff then installing it Wed or Thurs. Hope to be running by Saturday at the latest.

Well i figured i'd let you guys know after 2 months of messing with this thing in what time i had. I finally found an oil journal plug blown out of the block. But man it runs good now. :bang

I would like to know the change in lift from the stock cam to a stage 1, and a stage 2 cam...being that they suggest cutting the pistons for the stage 2 cam.
Any idea what your valve spring seating pressure, and open pressures are?

Who's "Beehive" springs did you go with? -Part number?

I'll have to look at my records but if i remember correctly the lift difference between a stock cam and even a stage 3 cam is less than .100" differance. The biggest thing is they open the valves alot sooner.As far as springs the guy that owns the truck opted to stay with stock springs. I don't know how much differance the cam made because i put different pistons,charger,tuning,and injectors in all at the same time.but the truck feels pretty strong to me for what it is.

Mine is done and i am about 300 miles into the break in. Motor is running smooth and the cam makes a nice difference on the freeway and high rpms.. so far i like it. Once i get the break in done and a good tune in i will let her have it and see what this cam will do up top..

I don't know what charger or tuning you went with but if it's anything like the one i did it's going to be pretty impresive at a higher rpm.It doesn't seem to come alive till over 2500 rpm.the charger is a little bit laggy though,but when it lights it moves pretty good.

I have the fukk stage 2 Industrial Injection vgt. 62mm with the phat shaft guts and compressor wheel. machined housing. I know what you mean...truck is liking the higher RPMS...... once over 2400rpms.....insane! keeps pulling hard