6.0 Compounds

That is what we originally thought and are still thinking. But when you try to project or rather guarantee your vendors X amount of sales; it is hard to put a number on “build and they will come”

Projecting a market is bull**** without trying it first. Build it. Win with the combination and then ask if someone would spend 8k to win.

x2 for the trans - add that price in and your at 17 grand for a whole set up.

The tuff thing is that for people like me with only 29k on my truck - it would be rediculous to swap out for a cummins when my motor still has a whole life left - so its a painful waiting game. Do I slowly build the 6.0 and spend all the money on it just to have it fail over and over as they seem to do from seeing other guys' experiences...or do you sit and wait 3 or 4 more years and save up for a cummins swap which you know will be reliable power. It would be hard for me to justify either spending 10k+ on my 6.0 to have it fail, and then lose a lot of that 10k when swapping - to only spend an addtional 20+ on a swap. As the truck is my daily driver, for now I can't have long periods of down time either.

I think the only way people will stick with the 6.0 past the first/basic round of mods would be if the reliability issues were solved. I also think there is going to be a lot of interest in the the new Ford produced diesel motors when they come out - I know I personally would love to have a FORD motor in my FORD, and also be the only diesel brand truck that literally is powered by their own motor.

If i could afford it i'd get a set of twins, but by no means would i want to install them...i'd rather have someone else who knows what they're doing install them for me.

One of the things we really focused on when building these kits, was the installation. This is a cab on install (I believe we are the only one).

Well that's sounds alot better. Now will a tow compound kit with say 190cc sticks require better rods and lowe compression pistons? Why do some with twins like redneck6.0L put in lower compression pistons?

I'm sure nothing is wrong with the factory rods, but how much power will stock rods take? Also how much power will the tow compounds make with 190cc injectors

Well that's sounds alot better. Now will a tow compound kit with say 190cc sticks require better rods and lowe compression pistons? Why do some with twins like redneck6.0L put in lower compression pistons?

Lower Compression pistons and rods are not required for a towing setup. The towing setup is designed for mid 500 horsepower and still be able to tow. We have seen higher dyno numbers but we are not designing the kit for that.

The Performance Compounds rods are recommended because of the horsepower range. Lower compression pistons are beneficial when increasing boost pressures. Our towing compounds are only producing 40 to 52 pounds of boost. As long as you have head studs, you are fine.

I'm sure nothing is wrong with the factory rods, but how much power will stock rods take? Also how much power will the tow compounds make with 190cc injectors

I wouldn't trust them over 650hp and even at 650hp it is iffy on straight #2. You can get away with more horsepower with spray assuming you aren't doing it wrong.

Twinset you posted pics of looks very nice, but mid 500's for 6-8k? Your talking 50-75 hp more than a modded vgt is going to put down. Seems like alot of coin for a minimal gain. How is spoolup compared to the upper sized modded vgt's? Alot of people seem to forget about the anemic flow of the heads. Add another 2-4k for ported heads and possibly a cam and you see why it wasn't a hard decision to go the swap route, but anyone that kids themselves that a swap is cheaper has never done 1, esp. if you are doing it with a heavily built CR.

Right now, we are seeing 5 to 10 lbs of boost at 70mph. That is usually 5-8 out of the little charger and 1-3 out of the low pressure. These chargers work together very well and produce quite a bit of low end compared to a single.

Many of our customers and people on these forums say they want mid 500’s and still be able to tow a heavy load. This setup is designed for just that. Hook up the trailer and go. I don’t know about the larger vgt’s but I don’t believe you can tow heavy loads with them.

If you care about high performance, our Performance Compounds (same price) will get you to the horsepower you want (assuming you have the supporting mods).

They like to look out and get some fresh air every once and a while.

:hehe:

Many of our customers and people on these forums say they want mid 500’s and still be able to tow a heavy load. This setup is designed for just that. Hook up the trailer and go. I don’t know about the larger vgt’s but I don’t believe you can tow heavy loads with them.

That's what i would be interested in. Good Hp but still be able to tow. What's the heaviest load that y'all have hooked up to with the tow set up??

Do I want a performance set of twins? You bet. Do I have the supporting mods and funds to make it happen tomorrow? Not a chance. Not to mention that modifying these trucks is the opposite of cheap.

I imagine anyone who bought an 03/04 either got rid of their truck, swapped in a cummins, or are unwilling to risk high power on the heads. They're probably the only ones who have had the time and money to build up the supporting mods necessary to utilize a set of twins.

The rest of us with 05-07s are still probably paying on our trucks, and have had less time - and less money - to buy and install supporting modifications.

As others have mentioned, there is a long list of items necessary to fully (and reliably) utilize a set of twins. The truly dedicated - or rich - enthusiasts out there are pushing for these setups, but your market is not standing 2" behind them. It's not about just buying the twins - it's about the other $10+k that must be spent on additional mods before or at the same time as the twins. Combine that necessity with the anemic economy and I'd be worried about selling enough too.

I still want one :)

:hehe:

That's what i would be interested in. Good Hp but still be able to tow. What's the heaviest load that y'all have hooked up to with the tow set up??

We don't have official numbers to release with larger injectors. Small injectors the weight of the trailer isn't that big of a deal. There is more than enough air to keep everything cool. We are still testing the larger injectors.

And the magic number that they can handle is?

No one seems to know...that's the problem.:bang

After I looked at mine, when I took the engine apart, I bought a set of Cunningham rods.:rockwoot:
I'm not gonna take the chance of a stock rod blasting a hole through the block, after all the work, and cash I have invested in my engine. $.02

But until I see a set of twins that make the power I want, and still pull a trailer on the odd weekend, I gotta stick to a proven set-up...

And until the dollar comes back....it ain't gonna happen for me...unless it's one smoken deal....like: "If you try it, and like it...then buy it."