6.0 Compounds

One of the other common problems we are faced with is: INJECTORS

Don't understand this either. I know with my tow compounds, 205's put out too much fuel. I think alot has to do with the FICM tuning that is possible today. Thats just my 2 cents, don't want to get into another fuel/air argument.:Cheer:

Don't understand this either. I know with my tow compounds, 205's put out too much fuel. I think alot has to do with the FICM tuning that is possible today. Thats just my 2 cents, don't want to get into another fuel/air argument.:Cheer:

what size are your chargers?

Sorry, should have been more specific, but yes.....they are not the best TYPE of injector on the market.....

What is wrong with the type?

If you run a CR injector up to where we have our injection pressure they errode check balls and/or crack injector bodies and return high pressure fuel back to the tank. But to get them up a few 1000psi to our level you have to replace the 23k psi pop off valve to something higher. And then its only a matter of time of how long the injector lasts.

24v guys have problems with injection pump electronics.

12v guys have to run a fixed injection timing.

Its alot easier to make 4,000psi and let the injector internally step it up hydraulically than to make 23-27,000psi from a pump. But hey, why not everyone just jump in here and keep ****ting on powerstroke. Then find a cat forum and **** on some caterpillar stuff.

We met emmisions standards with HEUI all the way to 2007. Duramax had common rail first and then Dodge hopped on. Now that people want a quiet diesel Ford now uses it to cut down on noise.

Cats suck too. Junk ass HEUI lasts half as long when running 3/4 throttle in a boat as it does in a truck. And you are crazier than I thought if you are saying a HUEI system is better than a CR. I can have my CR injectors rebuilt 5-7 times for what a set of sticks and a upgraded HPOP costs.:poke:

Cats suck too. Junk ass HEUI lasts half as long when running 3/4 throttle in a boat as it does in a truck. And you are crazier than I thought if you are saying a HUEI system is better than a CR. I can have my CR injectors rebuilt 5-7 times for what a set of sticks and a upgraded HPOP costs.:poke:

I'll accept your crazy diagnosis. But you can't dispute the simple hydraulics.

We are about finished with the prototyping of our towing compounds

Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

(numbers will be posted in a couple weeks) but are a little suppressed by the response.

We still have a lot of fine tuning to do with our Performance Compounds but we are starting to project production numbers and costs. We are kind of stuck with coming up with an accurate projection. We thought that finding the necessary amount of people interested to get our test units dialed in would have been easy. We were/are offering them at 6k and that includes changing the parts around to get them dialed in. From my understanding that is at least a thousand less than anyone and a couple thousand less than some.

So, now we are wondering where we are at in general with compounds. Should we even bother coming out with the Performance Compounds? Do we need to lay down some stupid dyno numbers to get people back interested, is the economy just that rough that the money isn't there; maybe we just missed the mark and need to redesign the layout/system.....

I know there are quite a few that have jumped ship on us and most of those are people that would have been compound buyers. The question is did you guys just leave because of lack of ability to lay down big horsepower numbers or what is the head gasket problems, what? If we introduced a few things that would make building huge horsepower easier, would the market come back to us, or would everyone still chant CUMMINS SWAP?
That looks really clean, you even kept the stock degas tank. If I was to put this on my truck and I pull my 5er(28k GCVW), will my studded 6.0 hold up? Will it lower my EGTs, and what kind of HP/TQ are we talking about. :thankyou2:

The injectors are prone to failure.
I have 62000mi on my original injectors and have had no problems(knock on wood) but I have been running Wally Mart 2stroke oil for the last 30k mi. I just switched to a better lube that works better the only problem is that you have to order it by mail only. 1qt is good for 750mi and shows less wear with the steel ball test then the Wally Mart oil. It seemed to stop my VGT vanes from sticking because it burns cleaner too. Just my $.02

I have 62000mi on my original injectors and have had no problems(knock on wood) but I have been running Wally Mart 2stroke oil for the last 30k mi. I just switched to a better lube that works better the only problem is that you have to order it by mail only. 1qt is good for 750mi and shows less wear with the steel ball test then the Wally Mart oil. It seemed to stop my VGT vanes from sticking because it burns cleaner too. Just my $.02

What better lube are you running then?

That looks really clean, you even kept the stock degas tank. If I was to put this on my truck and I pull my 5er(28k GCVW), will my studded 6.0 hold up? Will it lower my EGTs, and what kind of HP/TQ are we talking about. :thankyou2:

pm sent

I take it they won't pass the california smog inspections starting Jan 2010? :umno: I really would consider them if Californis wasn't so strict on the :rules:

What better lube are you running then?
Opti-Lube at opti-lube.com. I found it on Moparmans web in his wear chart. It showed less wear then Wallymart 2stroke oil. I run the summer blend ((1to3000) and everyonce in a while I run their XDP(1/2oz per gal) to clean the carbon off my injectors. The XDP is also an anti-jel for winter use. My truck is still just as quiet as it was with the 2 stroke oil and the exaust smells cleaner too. I recieved my order in 2 days with their normal shipping (UPS):Cheer:

I take it they won't pass the california smog inspections starting Jan 2010? :umno: I really would consider them if Californis wasn't so strict on the :rules:

EGR is retained (if the customer has it), low spool up is very quick and top end air is also there.

I would assume we can get it to pass the tail pipe test, but it won’t pass the visual. I'm not aware of any aftermarket charger that has passed CARB testing. I'm also, not aware of any that have tried.

EGR is retained (if the customer has it), low spool up is very quick and top end air is also there.

I would assume we can get it to pass the tail pipe test, but it won’t pass the visual. I'm not aware of any aftermarket charger that has passed CARB testing. I'm also, not aware of any that have tried.
I just read that calif is going to require DPF on older medium and heavy trucks shortly so f450 will get nailed. How long till they require it on Light Duty diesels?:Cheer:

I'm at 83k on the stock injectors w/ no issues as of yet. *knocks on wood*

We have a few customers with a lot of miles on the stock injectors and no problems. Others barely make it 70k before they start having problems.

Just depends on the vehicle and driver.