6.0 with the PPE 215 excelerator

nwtdiesel

See you in AZ :)
Just wondering if any of you guys are runnin the PPE 215 tune in a 06' powerstroke. Do you like it? Thanks.

Last edited:
I was hoping for some feedback on this one, but I guess nobody is using it?
You may want to ask in the PPE vendor section?

Me too!! Im sure its a good tune. I just ordered this for a friend of mine so i was just wondering.

All ive heard is that the SCT is the best for the 6.0's period. Hey NWT wheres mac autosport? Never heard of it, is it just a dyno or a diesel shop?

Well, he had a SCT on the truck and we had nothin but problems. We called SCT several times. They sent us several tunes to try and it just got worse. I have had good luck with PPE so i talked him in to tryin PPE tune.

Dan, just wanted to know how it compares to a SCT or Predator or ? I dont know much about the Fords. I just have a interest in ALL diesels. It sounds like a kick ass programmer to me... wanted a little feed back.

Well dont go to SCT, their tunes suck, get it custom tuned to your vehicle from any of the several companies that are out their, i know tad at elite has made some wiked tunes and he knows what hes doing, DI, DJ's, and several others. Ive heard that PPE has had alot of problems from some of the other forums, but i have no personal experience.

for the ford, sct is the ONLY way to go, there are many people that offer custom tuned sct's including myself. I don't want to rag on other products but nothing stacks up
robert

Another vendor (not on this forum) was bragging about it (PPE) and I told him to send me one and I would try it do a write up and post for the world to see on all of the boards that I am on. At first they were receptive to the idea but then stopped to responding to me. Until I hear it from a respected 6.0 guy (somebody that has been around and run a few different things) then I will stand along side Robert and say that SCT is the best for the 6.0.

Also you need custom tunes...

I'd like to see what ppe can do with a 6.0...I haven't seen or heard of anyone trying their programming before..

CBSuperDuty said:
And at their price I doubt you will.

Yeah!!! And specially when DJ our supporting vender has custom tunes for SCT that has put me a new best time of 8.59 1/8 #2, and low low .60's all night long. And i'm still on the very first tune. I haven't been able to get any new tunes to try yet. The best part is i've been getting some awsome 60fts all over in the 1.7's.:ylsuper:

CBSuperDuty said:
And at their price I doubt you will.
Dan would do you a deal on the PPE programmer if you called. Im gonna go ahead and try it. Ive had good luck with some other tunes i have from them. Where we live ( Durango, CO) nobody can do a "custom" tune for our trucks.

nwtdiesel said:
Dan would do you a deal on the PPE programmer if you called. Im gonna go ahead and try it. Ive had good luck with some other tunes i have from them. Where we live ( Durango, CO) nobody can do a "custom" tune for our trucks.

Part of the deal is I am not going to buy one of those boxes unless it totally knocks my sox off which I have my doubts. Why can't you get custom tunes? I live in SW Iowa and DJ & Viv send me tunes when ever I need them. Please post your findings with this tuner. Dyno or track numbers would be even better.

Chris

I meant we dont have a dyno or anyone to do a tune here for us. I was just askin for a friend of mine. He doesnt have the net. Ill let you know how it does!

All you have to do it call a tuner, they can mail you a programmer with tunes and even mail you tunes.

Just throw them on a disk and give it to the postman.

PPE 215 pulls reall hard!! Put it on aggresive shift pattern and on #10. Nice smooth power @ half throttle and smokin power @ full throttle. Try to get some numbers for ya!!

Back