6.0 with the PPE 215 excelerator

nwtdiesel said:
Just wondering if any of you guys are runnin the PPE 215 tune in a 06' powerstroke. Do you like it? Thanks.

hi i have the ppe 215 xcelerator in my o3 i have the stock down pipe five inch straight pipe side port at the right rear wheel, a airaid intake and i am running 35 inch pro comp xterains on aluminums and it will roast the tires rollin at 25-35 miles an hour rolling on drie pavement i went from a 16.1 in the 1/4 to a 14.3 witha passenger and spining in 4 wheel drive with it it is scarry in the rain i have lost traction at 90+ on the highway i have not dynoed it yet i am working on that i will let you guys know what i put down for power at the wheels when i do do it

dieselgas-03 said:
hi i have the ppe 215 xcelerator in my o3 i have the stock down pipe five inch straight pipe side port at the right rear wheel, a airaid intake and i am running 35 inch pro comp xterains on aluminums and it will roast the tires rollin at 25-35 miles an hour rolling on drie pavement i went from a 16.1 in the 1/4 to a 14.3 witha passenger and spining in 4 wheel drive with it it is scarry in the rain i have lost traction at 90+ on the highway i have not dynoed it yet i am working on that i will let you guys know what i put down for power at the wheels when i do do it

Thanks for the info and welcome to CompDiesel :rockwoot:
Hurry up with the dyno numbers LOL LOL

Last edited:
dieselgas-03 said:
i am running 35 inch pro comp xterains on aluminums and it will roast the tires rollin at 25-35 miles an hour rolling on drie pavement

This I would like to see !

I to am curious as to how it runs and performs .PPE has been a great company to work with and they have always made great power for Chevy's.

If I'm not mistaken Jeff Garmon has installed a bunch of these in the 6.0's and when I see him again tomorrow I'll ask.

nwtdiesel said:
PPE 215 pulls reall hard!! Put it on aggresive shift pattern and on #10. Nice smooth power @ half throttle and smokin power @ full throttle. Try to get some numbers for ya!!

That's funny cause @ half throttle i'm already making SMOKIN POWER with my LOONEYTIZED SCT:rockwoot:

it sure would be interesting if there was an alternative to the sct as far as big power...

Dom

WAO Racing said:
That's funny cause @ half throttle i'm already making SMOKIN POWER with my LOONEYTIZED SCT:rockwoot:

Im glad you like your SCT tune. Im sure its good.... maybe better. We had nothin but probs with it. The owner of the truck doesnt have the net, we dont have a dyno close (3hours away) and no drag strip (also 3 hours away). Not a big fan of SUPER CHIPS TUNERS.

I'm interested in seeing dyno numbers too. after seeing one of these programmers on my buddy Dmax, I've brought this into the list as a strong option next to an SCT.
--Ryan

nwtdiesel said:
Im glad you like your SCT tune. Im sure its good.... maybe better. We had nothin but probs with it. The owner of the truck doesnt have the net, we dont have a dyno close (3hours away) and no drag strip (also 3 hours away). Not a big fan of SUPER CHIPS TUNERS.

SCT and Superchips are 2 different things.

so a little late on a replie but my ppe put 396 to ther rear wheels and 736 ft lbs on a car dyno wasnt a full boost run but was a decent one

so, how do those #'s compare to sct's #'s??? My truck is stock and I am ready to order a tuner. Also hows the egt's compared to sct??? Anyone know a tuner close to memphis,tn??? Thanks.

I did 420rwhp and 790rwtq with my setup:

SCT
Intake
Exhaust
Spearco
Intake Elbow

And oh yea, to the guy that "lost traction at 90+ on the highway," that is pure bull****tery.

^^^ would that be reliable on a non studded head with some common sense applied to the right foot??? If so send me a pm with your exact set up please. Im ready to buy asap. Thanks.

^^^ would that be reliable on a non studded head with some common sense applied to the right foot??? If so send me a pm with your exact set up please. Im ready to buy asap. Thanks.

Its like running on bald tires...you never know when its going to blow.

Back