6.0L Hot set ups?

Domingo (DJ) doesn't believe in stacking.

Many will tell you that the only thing that your Edge box will be used for is gauges. That my friend are some pretty expensive gauges. Just a question. You mentioned that you wanted to have something to sell to people that want to step it up. Why not sell them a custom tuned SCT and tell them to resell the Edge box. If they want to step it up then they will need to pay for it. Yes it seems pretty redundant to pay for something and then discard it but that is the way it goes. Good luck with your goals and let us know if we can help.

I think that whats going on here is this. Yes, I understand that SCT is probably what I should be running. But as for me and 1sicf250, we sell these products to our customers, so thereofre we are running what we sell. We have to for the customers sake. We cant sell something and then say well I dont use it. I run this..... I know SCT is good. But I am interested in what I can do since I have the triple dog. I am in the same boat with 1sicf250.

onebadsixoh- I really thank you for your input. I have tried all those too. I really liked some features on some but others just couldnt do the shifting. I too am skeptical on meth. If you use it correctly you should be fine, but most on here try for more and more and end up pushing it to much.

So guys, what else is there out there? There has to be something hiding out there that we all don't know about. How has the secret?

Also, If I was to put injectors in, what do I need with them?

I tryed the old SCT and liked it other than I needed PCM #'s for each truck and if I has those and it would not down load I just spent time on a install for a customer. That is not good to call a customer a say I need the truck back another day to install the SCT. I have customers that have run the new one, I also have drove there trucks. They all have been pushing water out the res. witch for a shop owner I can't put that on a customers truck. Am I seeing a problem that is fixed or is this how it is? I will add the SCT is fast and I feel with the way I have my EDGE set with HOT code and tranny set it feels no difference. Thats just me. Have any of you that run the SCT drove a EDGE set with HOT code.

So let me get this straight. . .If I had an Edge Juice or Bully Dog Power Pub/Trip Dog or whatever they have.........and I put injectors in my truck.

The tuner would no longer work???

I would think it would do the same exact thing. . .just more fuel!!! Which was the original idea behind the bigger injectors.

And more fuel = more power (not mentioning the charger ordeal)

Or am I wrong???

So the "off the shelf" tuners such as bully dog and edge for example are designed for stock engine componets only??

mikehalseyjr said:
So the "off the shelf" tuners such as bully dog and edge for example are designed for stock engine componets only??

yup, thats why they are off the shelf.... they are designed to work on an off the shelf motor :lolly: they CAN work with upgrades but then that same box might start to do something (not so) 'funny' with say....a new turbo

You have to dial in the injectors if you run big ones.
You have to be able to make changes to pulsewidth, etc to do that. You can't with an off the shelf box.
Will it work ? yes
Will it work right ? no
There will be excessive smoke and extremely high egt's if you try.

Trust me....been there...tried that.

SCT turners, the guys that are running them in my area come in and they are pushing water out the res. Why is that?

The water, AKA coolant is from flash boiling from the EGR cooler. I have had the Edge, Quad, bullydog, and the SCT all on my truck at different times. All have puked. The only thing that has never puked on my truck was when I ran the TS 5x from TS performance, and I can honestly say it never did.

Now I run the SCT everyday, with the Highest HP tune I can get. I can't say I get much out of the degas bottle at all, unless I am towing something, then I get a few drops. I will be taking the EGR cooler out of the system very soon. The puking is not a serious problem, and many, many stock trucks do the exact same thing.

The only box I have seriously had problems with was the Edge. Like many others, I bought a tranny from it after 25K miles.

Now if you are looking to get some extra performance, these 6.0s seem to love NOS. Also, look at a new fuel system from DJ or fass. A new turbo is going to be a huge addition, but I have talked to several folks here, and a good shot from A dry NOS system seems to work almost as good. A banks intercooler will also help out a bit as well. If you have the money, Get you some Injectors, and finish it all off with a Fluidamper. There, now you have the perfect setup.

I had the Edge Platinum with the HOT JUICE upgrade(6) and I can personally tell you it wasn't as strong as my Xtreme Street file from Innovative.
The Edge also had high egt's on level 6 and shifted like crap on anything above level 4.
I have to admit that I was advised from others here(Dalpilot and Unbroken) to not get the Edge,but I did it anyway because I wanted shift on the fly and couldn't believe that my truck wouldn't shift correctly with the NEW and improved Platinum and I was WRONG!
I wasted time and money by not following the advice of others that had already been there and done that and thankfully didn't hurt my truck and trans.
If the Edge works on your truck and you like it I would try some spray next.
1sic250 said:
I tryed the old SCT and liked it other than I needed PCM #'s for each truck and if I has those and it would not down load I just spent time on a install for a customer. That is not good to call a customer a say I need the truck back another day to install the SCT. I have customers that have run the new one, I also have drove there trucks. They all have been pushing water out the res. witch for a shop owner I can't put that on a customers truck. Am I seeing a problem that is fixed or is this how it is? I will add the SCT is fast and I feel with the way I have my EDGE set with HOT code and tranny set it feels no difference. Thats just me. Have any of you that run the SCT drove a EDGE set with HOT code.

O.k , I'm welling to try a SCT again. Who has the hot programing?
and someone said to try some dry nos, what mfg. do you guys run?

If you want to try out SCT again, I would strongly suggest DJ. Great tunes, great customer service and very competitive pricing.

Just talked to Damingo and I'm going to try one. We talked about the Edge and came up with a happy middle.

You may want to call Richard (Unbroken on this thread) at DI Performance (Diesel Innovations). He's the 6.0 guy there. His daily driver truck runs iirc 110mph in the 1/4 and gets obnoxiously good fuel mileage. I believe he's running the SCT with ATS tunes.

http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di.php

That is a first... I have never heard Richard say that he runs ATS tunes. Not that he couldn't be but all I ever remember is DJ's, GoGo's, and maybe Innovative (but not sure on that one).

just installed DJ's sct last night and all I can say is "s.o.b.!" I was hoping for some cool power and was given more than I expected. now I can't stop trying to race everything in site.

Back