6.0L Hot set ups?

Uh oh you have the everyone wants a peice of me syndrome. Welcome to the club Pinnacle.

With the turbo whistle I got, and the growl it has when I get on it...no one wants to play anymore...:doh:

:ylsuper: are you guys running hot set ups like looney on the street. just wondering if Im asking for any mechanical problems with my foot constantly up my F-250's
A*%

is all the black smoke normal? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I didnt expect it to be on even my economy tune. if I hit the gas pedal and load it up but let out before the truck takes off a crap load of black smoke comes out which Im sure is normal and explainable just wanted to confirm. and I went from 13 mpg stock to 9.9mpg on the looney tune.. is this normal too or do I need to have my sct checked out?

My brother has an 04 with ats injectors(their huge) an aeromotive fuel system, intake, sct by tad at ats, tranny, and a aurora 5K(im sure im missing something.) When he had the modified stock turbo he sprayed it alot and ran 12.50's at 110, thats with a cc drw. When he took the nitrous off and upgraded to the aurora 5K turbo he runs 13 flats on #2. He doesnt have headstuds and to be honest i dont know how his truck doesnt puke, hes one of the lucky few. If you get diesel power you can see his truck in the west coast diesel power shootout...

pinnacle1 said:
is all the black smoke normal? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I didnt expect it to be on even my economy tune. if I hit the gas pedal and load it up but let out before the truck takes off a crap load of black smoke comes out which Im sure is normal and explainable just wanted to confirm. and I went from 13 mpg stock to 9.9mpg on the looney tune.. is this normal too or do I need to have my sct checked out?

The smoke is normal. My truck does not clean the smoke up even at the big end of the 1/4.
Me thinks I need more air. LOL or nos
MPG, that sounds way low. I get pretty consistant low 16's with the 35's and low 18's with the stock tires. I would give it a week or so, and see if it starts to come back up

its probably from a real heavy foot, plus is that with the overhead computer?

just put on my MBRP turbo back exhaust 3.5" down pipe and 4" No cat just muffler from mbrp. and it is louder than I expected which is good. It souds mean when it hits the power band almost like straight headers. Today my buddy brought over his 99 dodge he just bought and it has 5" straight through edje platinum and some banks stuff under the hood along with k&n. he was bragging how he would smoke me. well when we went for a ride in his dodge I felt alot better cause there was no way hed spank mine. there was no throw you back in your seat effect just steady power. this weekend we're gonna chain up then drag race I'll let you know but I dont think hes gonna get this one. he'll be emptying the bank account after this weekend cause me and him are very competative. we're not even allowed at the go kart track anymore :stab:

also, i want to say more about the sct but you don't want to hear that so i won't. If you want to have a fast driver, i would do some "middle of the road" injectors (225 ish) fuel system, studs, IC and a turbo upgrade, should get you to a honest 525-600 hp depending on the turbo, if you put a small turbo on it will spool great then you can spray NOS when you want a extra kick, so it all depends on what way your wanting to set it up.
robert

Back