6.0L's with 200+cc injectors, 1st start of the morning video...

Extended Power

I would really like to see how "Other" people's trucks start, first thing in the morning...with 200+cc injectors. No stock injectors here please...

I have been told by several people that once you cross over to big sticks, you can expect to have a "Lumpy", smokey, idle, till the engine is warmed up completely.....is this true, or is there a problem with the injectors themselves?

I still have not bought a scan tool, so I am relying on truth from you guys here...

And please...I can post a video of my truck after it's been run for an hour too....let's try to keep the video's as "True to 1st start" as possible.:Cheer:

Ivan

My 200's start in any weather with ZERO loping or ramping.

It will puff a little smoke when it first busts off but then cleans right up.

i'll take a video of my truck tomorow mornin, mine don't lump, ivan were the injectors new, or the oil valve part new, i'll see if tyler can take a video also, his doesn't loop at idle when cold

You sir have a bad injector. How cold is it? I can fire mine up at 15* and it starts slow, Revs up real quick with a big puff of black and then hazes black for a minute or two.

That's not even close to being right. I'll bet that when you pull the injectors you'll find some bad o-rings on a few of them.
Mine did the same thing once...brand new injectors with a batch of bad o-rings on them.
Ran like crap...smoked white like crazy.

Then again...I cracked a nozzle once and it did the same thing too...it never cleared up when warm though....just always smoked white.

i dont know how to load up my video of mine but with 225's it starts smooth an idles smooth with just a little little puff of black smoke. never any white smoke at all.

That's not even close to being right. I'll bet that when you pull the injectors you'll find some bad o-rings on a few of them.
Mine did the same thing once...brand new injectors with a batch of bad o-rings on them.
Ran like crap...smoked white like crazy.

Then again...I cracked a nozzle once and it did the same thing too...it never cleared up when warm though....just always smoked white.

But after it warms up, it seems ok.......just really embarrassing when I fire it up in the mornings.
-In the videos....it isn't cold out at all...just the first start of the day.

-I really don't want to pull the injectors.....again....:bang

-If I have to pull them out, I think I will buy a set of 190's.

whats it do with no tune in it?

I would say a bad injectors too..but if it only does that cold and stops..it may not be..mine idles a little rough and smokes blue like that..but after a 3 mins or less its smooth..When Doug saw my blue/white smoke at start up he mentioned high timing..I think is what he said..

it totally clears up and idles fine after its warm?

Mine starts and idles smooth as can be when cold. After its warm I get an occasional rough idle and if you rev it it kinda sputters its way down to a high idle for a couple of seconds. After I switch tunes sometimes it takes weeks before everything smooths out to the description above. Another wierdo quirk of mine is if I put Diesel Kleen in my fuel it ruins my idle something terrible for a few tanks. Run any additives? Any thoughts on the Diesel Kleen thing? Your truck sounds bad, and thats alot of fuel coming out of the exhaust.

My River City Diesel 200's have no problems at all. Like everyone else says, puff of black when I start it and a small amount of haze for the first few miles or unless I put my foot into it.

When I had bad injectors and there were 4 of them, mine would run like crap till it warmed up but once it was warm it was fine. It ran just like yours did. If I was late and had to leave and couldnt let it warm up enough it would stutter and hate me if I gave it any type of pedal.

Back