6.0L's with 200+cc injectors, 1st start of the morning video...

Gawd I would hate to even think what mine would sound like if there was snow on the ground...

Thanks for posting your videos.:Cheer:

Last edited:
whats it do with no tune in it?

I would say a bad injectors too..but if it only does that cold and stops..it may not be..mine idles a little rough and smokes blue like that..but after a 3 mins or less its smooth..When Doug saw my blue/white smoke at start up he mentioned high timing..I think is what he said..

it totally clears up and idles fine after its warm?

With the re-flash of the FICM, 225cc injectors, and a non-vgt turbo, this IS my "stock" tune now...
I know Eric pulled timing, and fuel on my tune. It idles smooth after it warms up....just ask Shawn. (Redneck6.0L)

When I say 1st start of the day...it's not even winter here...these videos were shot when it was 15*C/60*F outside.

After it's warmed up, I have a very light grey/black haze at idle. I thought that could be normal...but not the excessive smoke at start-up...thats why I'm asking now.

I think I have enough miles on the engine/injectors/turbo, to say that something just ain't right here yet, just wanted to see what other people have experienced with bigger injectors.

Might have to pull these injectors out for a "Touch-up" from Cass.
Maybe try a set of 190's while these are out....IDK...

ivan, go to the ford dealer and get them todo a balance check when the truck is cold, all you'll have to replace will be the oil solinoid part

And the part number to the solenoid?

Adam, I didn't say high timing. I said when I was messing around with timing one day on my truck I put it to -10 degress and it ran dead quiet and just about poured raw fuel out of it and smoked white like your truck did.

If you have a plug on the truck, plug it in. I think it will help with the starts till you can see whats wrong.

Hook an AMMeter around the big wires going to the glow plugs. If you see current. Something is working.

If you have a plug on the truck, plug it in. I think it will help with the starts till you can see whats wrong.

Plugged it in for about an hour this morning before I fired it up.

Are your glow plugs working?

Yes, I see about 80 amps per side. (I could not hook up to each glow plug individually...I just clamped on to the main harness plug.)

Fired up with no problems at all this morning...WTF??? Did I wiggle the glow plug harness just right? (I checked to see if they were clipped in, and they were...):bang

Last winter i had one of the new stronger looney's in. It had to much timing or something. When i would start it if it was below 20 degrees f it would smoke so bad you could hardly see the truck. It would actually choke off sometimes, once warm it was fine. Stock it was fine there was just one tune it did not like at all. I wish i would have gotten a video of it it was hilarious.

start there first Ivan..try some Valvoline Premium Blue..

if it were a stuck spool valve it wouldn't (or in my case) 'unstick' after warm up..mine would idle rough from start up to turn off.. I would check to make sure they are still torqued down to spec.

Can you remove the SCT all together and run the truck or is it required now b/c of the FICM? If it is not detune the truck.. and see what it does..also try detuned and plugged in..

Sounds like a sticky spool valve. In a few rare cases I have seen the plunger spring retainer be broken (C94's) and they idled like a bad spool valve.

It' more than likely the spool valve is stuck until it warms up and then can freely move, super common problem.

Back