6.0L's with 200+cc injectors, 1st start of the morning video...

my sticky spool valve would run rough and smoke till it warmed up then would run fine. Also switching to a lighter oil made the problem better, I changed the bad injector and it went away, and when I switched back to my normal oil I've noticed the problem started coming back again not as bad but real similar to your video, so I'll be switching back to Fords recommended oil again to try and clear up the problem.

Ordered some scan tool software last night...We'll see what the problem is when it shows up.
Adam, I had this problem with the break-in oil I was using. (Castrol GTX 15-40 Diesel)
I switched to Amsoil because I ran my stock injectors to 182,000 Km's without any issues when I used it.

Mine puffs very little and then almost nothing at idle. I have Elite's 205 with 225 tips. So, when I'm throttling up, or drive nicely, I have a haze. At medium throttle with a very mild tune, I smoke and it is a freight train when I'm into it even with a very mild tune. But that is to be expected with oversized tips.

Yeah, I have a slight haze at idle, even warm. Sitting at a red light, I can see it drift in front of the passenger window, if the lighting is right.
To me, with the size I have, I think that is normal.$.02

i get that to. i think it is normall a well. my truck kinda did that with stock sticks

Switch to a 5w-40 and try again. If you want to try to clean the spool valves out. Drain a gallon of oil from the motor and put in a gallon of diesel. Let it idle for a half hour. It will clean out the spool valves. Don't drive the truck just let it idle. Then drain the oil while its hot and refill.

Wow, that would do it alright. But man these are supposed to be new injectors, right? So if they are, why would they need "cleaning out"? Unless the quality is in the toilet, in which case you have a bigger problem at hand.

The spool valve gets stuff stuck in the bores. Its not an injector builder issue. Its a motor and oil quality. If its in the plunger bore for where the fuel is then that would be a builder problem.

Wouldn't that be a filtration issue then? I follow what you're saying, but where's the dirt coming from then?

But man these are supposed to be new injectors, right? So if they are, why would they need "cleaning out"? Unless the quality is in the toilet, in which case you have a bigger problem at hand.

name one company that uses BRAND NEW injectors..(not II,FFD,Elite)

they will I am sure..but you will pay through the nose..that's why there are core returns required..the reuse them..

This is why I have been recommending a 5w-40 oil for quite some time. Oil quality is crucial. Running higher sulfur fuel cuts oil life in half. Running biodiesel cuts oil life. 6.0L has higher compression which equals more blow by then a 7.3L. Blowby gets **** into your oil. People don't care to listen. The love to run whatever they want to run cause it works in their peterbilt or old 7.3L or whatever they think is the same as the 6.0L under the hood.

We're 16:1 comp aren't we? 7.3's were 17.5:1, and the non ps motors were 21.5:1...

Not doubting these are more finicky motors though.

As far as the injectors are concerned though, that makes sense, I guess. But even still, you'd think there would be some form of cleaning, or qualification that would take place before "upgrading" the injectors. Failing that, I'd at least want my own set back. If I sent in good injectors, I'd be pissed if I got defective, or sub par units back. Maybe it's just me, but If I'm paying for a service, I damn well better get it.

This is why I have been recommending a 5w-40 oil for quite some time. Oil quality is crucial. Running higher sulfur fuel cuts oil life in half. Running biodiesel cuts oil life. 6.0L has higher compression which equals more blow by then a 7.3L. Blowby gets **** into your oil. People don't care to listen. The love to run whatever they want to run cause it works in their peterbilt or old 7.3L or whatever they think is the same as the 6.0L under the hood.

And that is what I'm switching back to 5-40, Ford even recommends it now. Ever since I switched back to 15-40 my truck is having cold start issues again which the 5-40 cleared up.

Back