6.7L Performance parts?

They have a Siamese block design. Meaning the cylinders actually touch with no space for coolant between them.

This actually aids in the strength of the bock its self. Although I've heard they have an Achilles heel in the cylinder thickness.

I wouldn't hesitate to build on to 1200hp after changing the rods.

Hey cummins724 I see you alot on hear in sled pulling threads. I usually just read don't post much. I've been starting to pull over at listie, if you want to come over and check out my truck and shoot the **** a little that would be fine. My truck is a 07 6.7L blue w/ gray on the bottome qc short bed. I won the street class there last time and everybody accused me of having a trubo and injectors. I ran in the hot srteet too and finished 7th. I was the 3rd from last to go. It's on that you tube clip. I was happy with that pull considering some of the trucks in that class. Hopefully I be there next time and we can meet up.

Hey cummins724 I see you alot on hear in sled pulling threads. I usually just read don't post much. I've been starting to pull over at listie, if you want to come over and check out my truck and shoot the **** a little that would be fine. My truck is a 07 6.7L blue w/ gray on the bottome qc short bed. I won the street class there last time and everybody accused me of having a trubo and injectors. I ran in the hot srteet too and finished 7th. I was the 3rd from last to go. It's on that you tube clip. I was happy with that pull considering some of the trucks in that class. Hopefully I be there next time and we can meet up.

Sure, stop by my way as well. I'm easy going. I am good to go on the 5.9L, but I'm still learning the 6.7L trucks. When a customer calls me about parts, I'd like to be caught up on the latest and greatest performance gadgets. It sucks when you don't know what is working/not working with these new trucks. Thats a good running truck you have there, don't worry about the idiots talking ****. According to them, I have NOS! LMAO I will raise my hood for anybody, its just a piece of chit vp truck.

Lots of stuff available for the new truck, its the same as the earlier years. As for the smarty, you'll have to wait till Marco does his magic. H&S has a code free programmer, it works ok for power. The head studs for a 24v will work and use the 625's as they seem to work but I would also consider orings. I think that the 6.7L will not like big boost pressure like the 5.9L does (head gasket issues).

I'm going to do a camshaft swap this fall and see what happens and throw on a set of twins. There are a few shop making injectors, and transmissions. The truck comes apart pretty easy just like the earlier years. Once you do the deletes, its like the CR 5.9L, so you can install dual CP's.

Dang Mike...moving right along I see!!

I have an HE551VE sitting here on my floor that I would LOVE to try on a 6.7L with some goodies and see how it runs with the big VGT...if the computer controls it like the stocker, I could see it working VERY well.

But I'm not playing with my 2010...at least not to that extent...maybe a tuner with some deletes in the future, but I like having a warranty finally!
Chris

The 10 is a very nice truck, well worth the purchase.

We have mod friendly dealers here. Slowly have my truck in the 18-20mpg range. Did the same with the 02. I use mine for towing my RV so I not going to big for power until the RFE68 issues are solved and I have other trucks to play with if I want to go fast.

As for lift kits, its almost the same front end, so the old stuff just need a few adjustments. The 6.7L is pretty smogged out from the factory. After the deletes, the oil stays pretty clean. The truck really doesn't smoke to bad with just a programmer. aka it wont smoke out the intersection...:bang

The truck really doesn't smoke to bad with just a programmer. aka it wont smoke out the intersection...
that is actually really nice! mine maybe puts out a small puff of smoke with the few mods ive got on it. compared to my VP truck, its totally different and a pleasure to drive around! LOL. yeah its fun to blow a little smoke every once in awhile, but its kinda nice to be able to floor it and not black out the cars behind you!

The 10 is a very nice truck, well worth the purchase.

X2 , I agree....another reason I'm not jumping right in to modding mine, is I'm getting 15-18mpg average unloaded between city and highway...towing is where I'd like to see a mileage increase, about 9-10mpg

Chris

I'm modding my truck. I thought that this is a thread on mods for the new truck. I'm going to try a boost fouler and some water/meth shortly.

My 02 truck hardly smokes, its all in the combo. I can drive the 02 for a year with no codes, the 10 truck the check engine light is always on...

No worries, I do understand why not to mod, been there but I wanted decent fuel mileage without codes. Unplugging the EGR soleniod works, just might reduce the life on the DPF, if you don't tow much. I'm feeling better after do the programmer than driving around with the check engine on a brand new ride. At this time I'm getting fairly decent fuel mileage (18-20mpg empty/13-14mpg towing my RV) and the check engine light is off.:rockwoot: which I'm happy about. My oil isn't black as mud and there is no soot going inside my engine. I guess its just a matter of how you pick your side.

Believe me, I want to do the deletes, but I really hate to throw the warranty clear out the window. I hate the EGR and the DPF, and I know getting rid of that will only help the reliability. This is my DD and tow rig, so that's all I'm looking for anyway!

I may talk to my dealer, they've always been good to me, it's worth asking what they'd do if I did the deletes...
Chris

I just changed a crank positioner sensor today, I'm at 6000 miles and the truck is about 8 weeks old. Got tired of the crank crank crank, start. Dodge just keep doing the reflash deal. I'm going to save my warranty for a big failure. $15 part and 5mins of my time, is better than getting worked up over warranty. That sensor has to be in the worst place every. Down by the crank harmonic balancer. Mud, rocks and what every else. Mine is just a second vehicle, back up to the 02 truck. Hoping on scoring a cheap spare 6.7L engine, hard to believe they are out there...:rockwoot:

I just changed a crank positioner sensor today, I'm at 6000 miles and the truck is about 8 weeks old. Got tired of the crank crank crank, start. Dodge just keep doing the reflash deal. I'm going to save my warranty for a big failure. $15 part and 5mins of my time, is better than getting worked up over warranty. That sensor has to be in the worst place every. Down by the crank harmonic balancer. Mud, rocks and what every else. Mine is just a second vehicle, back up to the 02 truck. Hoping on scoring a cheap spare 6.7L engine, hard to believe they are out there...:rockwoot:

I'd probably do the same...wait until you get to put a fan belt on a 6.7L...THAT SUCKS!!!

Personally, I'd rather work on my truck myself, that way I know it's done right, but on the off chance something big would go wrong, I'd love for Dodge to foot the bill.

Chris

I'd probably do the same...wait until you get to put a fan belt on a 6.7L...THAT SUCKS!!!

I just had to put one on my service truck (08). I was cussing dodge pretty bad :mad:. The freakin fan is like and inch away from all the pullies :bang

I don't think that the fan belt will be that bad a deal to replace. Very similar to my 02. I cut my fan shroud in half so I can pull it out easily.

I got my spare 6.7L, its out a 07 dodge. Dont know what I'm going to do with it, everyone wants me to put a 14mm CDS pump on it.:Cheer:

Just cleaned out my garage, currently I have six CTD engines:nail:

Fan pulley is "just" far enough away from one of the other pulleys to get the belt in between them....IT SUCKS!!

Chris

Fan pulley is "just" far enough away from one of the other pulleys to get the belt in between them....IT SUCKS!!

Chris

It's a pita fo sho! I pulled the stock clutch fan completely! Electric fans are nice. I'm still trying to figure out how they got those pulleys that close. For some reason I don't think they did it on purpose:hehe:

Help! Confused!

I am reading all of the posts and I just bought a 2010 6.7 2500 mega cab 4x4 I am loving it btw. I am looking at mods and it just seems everyone has their preferences. What are the mods to improve mileage, performance....ect!!!! Pros and cons to both ...

Thanks for breaking it down barney style!

:nail::nail: