600 passes, 100,000 miles - new best E.T.

Congrats Paul! Can't wait to see it run in Boise in a week! Hopefully we can avoid each other until the final round in the Race of Champions!

I really want to see you drive that thing through the gates (or better yet tow your travel trailer in) and run Super-Street! Like you I really don't like the timed throttle stops. A friend of a friend built a car that is running S/ST with 10.90 @ around 168 mph. Nothing like building a mid-low 7-second car to run high 10's...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

My hope is that with that kind of over take speed, they will never be able to wheel race me. Lots of wheel racing in that class.

Nice runs, especially on street tires. Looks like it's cleaning up nicely too---probably not much room for nitrous, other than a VERY small shot.

Nice runs, especially on street tires. Looks like it's cleaning up nicely too---probably not much room for nitrous, other than a VERY small shot.

Thanks! Those runs were with the SSR high duration on 30 and high rail set to 1. I'm hoping that i still have enough fuel available to use the nitrous.

Paul

Since you only need a few hundredths to get where you need to be, have you consider a shorter and stickier tire in lieu of the squeeze? Possibly the M&H 390/40/17? I know it's only 29.5" tall, but if you don't run out of gear too soon (assuming you're running 3.73s) it just might be an option. I dropped almost 3 tenths off my E.T. when I switched out the street tires (31.5" tall") for 28.5" drag radials and even lost 4 MPH trap speed. Much more consistent in my opinion and no more trips to the nitrous fill station. :clap:

Since you only need a few hundredths to get where you need to be, have you consider a shorter and stickier tire in lieu of the squeeze? Possibly the M&H 390/40/17? I know it's only 29.5" tall, but if you don't run out of gear too soon (assuming you're running 3.73s) it just might be an option. I dropped almost 3 tenths off my E.T. when I switched out the street tires (31.5" tall") for 28.5" drag radials and even lost 4 MPH trap speed. Much more consistent in my opinion and no more trips to the nitrous fill station. :clap:

Getting to the 10.90 is not the reason I want to use nitrous. S/ST is a 10.90 index class with almost everyone running a throttle stop. In order to be competitive you must be able to run a 10.90. I figure it takes about 3 hp to go from a 10.91 to a 10.90. The only way I can see to make that small of an adjustment is with nitrous.

Paul

3.73's It has the factory limited slip.

i gotta get rid of my 410's..im pretty much all out of gear 2-300 ft before the traps.....i know i would obviously pick up mph with 373's, but would it hurt or help my et's you think....i have 2 tickets from the track, both are 11.51 but one of them i held it to the end and the other let of slowly about 300ft before..one was 118mph the other 111mph..same et..

Last edited:
sorry to hijack with the qusetions ...back to pauls awesome runs...

Work happened. It's been cutting into my play time way to much. How did you do?

Work has a tendency to do that. I was doing some T & T in Madras friday night and letting the guy who built the engine drive it. Turned the power up too much and blew through the tranny. Drove it to PIR for the race saturday but wouldn't hold so bagged it after the first qualifying pass and drove it back home. New tranny going in this week. This one is full built, last one was a home build one that we put some clutches in hoping to make it last till the new once was done. I messed it up turning up the power too much. I ran a 7.60 at 88mph on friday nite. That same tune put it right on the money for 11.90 at Mission in June. I turned it up to level three and ran a 7.16 at 95 mph second pass, but I knew I was playing with fire. Next pass it limped. Was hoping the little tune would hold at PIR but it wouldn't. Trying to decide whether to haul it to Topeka or not.

Work has a tendency to do that. I was doing some T & T in Madras friday night and letting the guy who built the engine drive it. Turned the power up too much and blew through the tranny. Drove it to PIR for the race saturday but wouldn't hold so bagged it after the first qualifying pass and drove it back home. New tranny going in this week. This one is full built, last one was a home build one that we put some clutches in hoping to make it last till the new once was done. I messed it up turning up the power too much. I ran a 7.60 at 88mph on friday nite. That same tune put it right on the money for 11.90 at Mission in June. I turned it up to level three and ran a 7.16 at 95 mph second pass, but I knew I was playing with fire. Next pass it limped. Was hoping the little tune would hold at PIR but it wouldn't. Trying to decide whether to haul it to Topeka or not.

This is with White Out? That sucks. My truck doesn't fit into the NHRDA classes very well. Even without electronics I'm to quick for Super Diesel or the bracket class. With it weighing 7200lbs. with me in it, I'm to slow to be really competitive in Super Street. I do like racing at the NHRDA races though. Good group of people.

i gotta get rid of my 410's..im pretty much all out of gear 2-300 ft before the traps.....i know i would obviously pick up mph with 373's, but would it hurt or help my et's you think....i have 2 tickets from the track, both are 11.51 but one of them i held it to the end and the other let of slowly about 300ft before..one was 118mph the other 111mph..same et..

What size tires? Incremental times?

This is with White Out? That sucks. My truck doesn't fit into the NHRDA classes very well. Even without electronics I'm to quick for Super Diesel or the bracket class. With it weighing 7200lbs. with me in it, I'm to slow to be really competitive in Super Street. I do like racing at the NHRDA races though. Good group of people.

Yes with White Out. The little tune is perfect for the 11.90 class. Nice to have more power though so you can fender them if you have to. Not many real good packages turned in yet for Super Diesel their is one guy who races back in Region 5 I believe Doug Brarens who can really cut a light and runs on the money at 11.90 he will be tough to beat in Topeka.