62/71/13ss vs. 66/71/13ss, why is there a difference in lag

glad the americans are more concered with cheeky comebacks then advice.... like always.

canada.jpg

(no offense to the cool Canadians)

got my 62/68/13ss from chris friday.... started mock up over the weekend.... one bad@$$ charger!!! (at least by how it looks)

got my 62/68/13ss from chris friday.... started mock up over the weekend.... one bad@$$ charger!!! (at least by how it looks)

I got the identical version of this charger. Will have it on friday night hopefully depending on how much cut n weld needs to happen to my current exhaust!

mine arrives tommorow, and will be on the truck tommorow!!!!!!!!! yea chris said he was doing like 6 identical chargers at one time, mine included, i wondered how many were going to comp d members....now i kinda know! ahhhh like chris said earlier it feels like christmas eve!!!!

Wes

well ill say this about my 66/73/.91 A/R t4 non gated turbo i have on the truck. Not sure what lag you guys are talking about. Streets not diffrenet than my hx35. Im only running 125hp injectors, hrvp, and a jim jessup tune(like smarty), pdi t4 P&P, and exhaust housing has also been P&P. At wot no haze what so ever it clean as can be max egts are 1100deg. I need a ton more full. But am amazed how street friendly it is. Now if you just put it to the floor there is some lag. If you drive normal and ease into the throttle no lag at all. Has some great top end also. This turbo is very quiet and can hardly hear it. The truck is right at 500hp and makes 46psi with current setup.

500hp with 125's, hrvp, and a tuned ecm?

Truck was at 435hp with the hx35 and that was backed up on three dynos in the area. The onyl thing i change was the manifold and the s366 and it cleans up all the fuel and doesnt even have a haze.

No offense but if you gained 65hp I'd be in disbelief. Most I've seen from a turbo swap (not counting something stupidly overfueled) is about 20-30hp. That goes for more than just my truck.

it was on the same dyno. Next time im up by Fort Dodge, IA im gonna stop by Fort Dodge transmission and see what their dynojet says. I was told it is accurate and reads maybe a little low because of the correction factor.

Maybe the truck doesnt make that much but it will easily pull on a friends 07 6spd with smarty tnt-r on 7.

Lots of factors involved in that race. And if all he has is a smarty on 7 then he's under 500hp.

I don't see why it would surprise anyone if it did make 65hp more. He went from a HX35 to a S366. That's a big jump.

That's a big jump but that's also a lot of fuel to get cleaned up to make that much extra power.

I don't see why it would surprise anyone if it did make 65hp more. He went from a HX35 to a S366. That's a big jump.

Overfueled hx35 at that. If it didnt peg the 1600deg pyro at wot it was a good day always 1575deg or above. With the hx35 i had a small glow out the stack when i pulled.

No offense but if you gained 65hp I'd be in disbelief. Most I've seen from a turbo swap (not counting something stupidly overfueled) is about 20-30hp. That goes for more than just my truck.

I agree, he should have lost atleast 100hp in Tyler world.LOL

I dropped .9 in the 1/4 with going from a turbonetics t66 to s468. It can definitely happen.

How tight is your TC in your DTT with this 66? Wondering how well I might spool one.

Had the 66 up and running for 3 or so weeks now. I still love this thing. Spools great, runs cool, runs great on the highway, not any laggier than my 62/71/13ss was. I'm very very happy.

I've got the 89% DTT converter and it will hit around 1700rpm when I try to power brake it.

Back