66/74/ .91 or .88

I have the .91 divided....spools great . Was told divided was the way to go for spooling.

~Les

With a 02 6spd and a 66/73/.91 a 7x10 injector was actually more drivable. It had better throttle response and lite 50-100rpm sooner than with a 7x12 .010lift. But it did make more power with the larger injectors and more heat aswell 50 deg cruising speed. Im at 11-1200ft elevation and truck would have 10psi by 1800rpm and full tilt by 2100rpm. All i used for tuning on the street was a hrvp and boost fooler. If you roll into the throttle hard truck drove great. I towed a 10k mini excavator once a week with no problems.

mine is awesome on the truck in my signature. as a single it was off and running by 1700 and in the twins it is about 1900. by far the best charger ive had on my truck yet. and there under 700 bucks

With a 02 6spd and a 66/73/.91 a 7x10 injector was actually more drivable. It had better throttle response and lite 50-100rpm sooner than with a 7x12 .010lift. But it did make more power with the larger injectors and more heat aswell 50 deg cruising speed. Im at 11-1200ft elevation and truck would have 10psi by 1800rpm and full tilt by 2100rpm. All i used for tuning on the street was a hrvp and boost fooler. If you roll into the throttle hard truck drove great. I towed a 10k mini excavator once a week with no problems.

Thank you, you told me what I wanted to know. I ran the same injectors as you on a 62/68/14. I ran a set of 7x0.010" with 0.010 more lift. I'm going to talk to Weston again and tell him I deciede on a turbo and see what he says on injectors. I was leaning towards 6x0.016"'s at first but he talked me out of them.

I dont have a set hp goal. I'm just trying to get the most I can out of a VP. I had a 62/68/14 and 7x0.010" with 0.010" more lift. It was ok but think with more air and fuel it could do better. Im doing studs now so I can get a few pounds of manifold pressure. Cam, pushrods, and valve springs are next. Then when I find CR head I'm going to send it out and have it worked.

I think I'd get the divided .91, especially if you're thinking of going with the diverter. Get all the extra low end you can.

my question is did are gunna buy the one with the regular dishcharge(on comp side) or the 3rd gen style discharge(where it makes a bend) because i was looking at one for my truck(1st gen) and i cant see how you would put a elbow on it to go to the intercooler tube. seems like the 3rd gen style would work better. any ideas?

i just bought exact turbo with .91 ar that has 3rd gen style discharge on comp side will post up how it works when it arrives

I was going to order the standard discharge. It appears to be in the same location as my HX35.

I have been looking for a while and I found two that I'm interested in.

Here is the specs on the first one.
Currently the highest-flowing S300 unit available, with maximum compressor flow over 78 lb/min. Will service 780+HP.
Wheel Dimensions: Compressor: 66.1 mm inducer, 91.4 mm exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology. Turbine: 79.8 mm inducer, 73.4 mm exducer. Cast in Inconel 713 for high-temperature operation.
Housing A/R: Compressor: .55, with 4.0" hose-type inlet, and 3.0" hose-type discharge. Turbine: .91, with 'T4-style', divided entry, and 4.21" v-band discharge.
The divided volute would be nice be cause of the new diverters coming out. It will help it spool quicker.

Here is the other.
Currently the highest-flowing S300 unit available, with maximum compressor flow over 80 lb/min. Will service 800+HP.
Wheel Dimensions:
Compressor: 66.1mm inducer, 91.4mm exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology.
Turbine: 79.8mm inducer, 73.4mm exducer, with machined back-cut (clip) of turbine blade trailing edge, for improved turbine flow. Cast in Inconel 713, for high-temperature operation.
Housing A/R:
Compressor: .55, with 4.0" hose-type inlet, and 3.0" hose-type discharge
Turbine: .88, with 'open' volute, featuring a 'T04-style' turbine inlet flange (3.25" x 2.75") and quick-release v-band discharge flange. Cast in ductile iron.
This is the turbo that's simply dominating the 'T04'-frame classes, direct-fit compatibility for many popular turbochargers on the market. These units are brand-new, with no core, and are made in the U.S.A.

There is a $400 difference in the 2. I will tell you the price on them after I get some opinions.

Highest flowing S300 out there? Have you concidered or inqired info on the 71/73/? setup? It's what I ran on both my projects and did a great job, on the Altered it was 1:1 at around 62# boost; it supported a bunch of power for me through two race cars for several years and prob. close to a thousand passes......

P.S. In one of the pictures you will see some marks I make on the waste gate plate, I always made a mark at 1:1 which was my fuel only tune up; then Id make another at ~ 20/25# less that would be there for when you want to spray it.... it's all about keeping the charger happy and from over speeding

Attachments

• 101_1355[1].JPG
    101_1355[1].JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 101_1350[1].JPG
    101_1350[1].JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 101_1351[1].JPG
    101_1351[1].JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'd go S400 if I'm stepping up to a 71 wheel, cheaper, stronger, flows more.

I'd go S400 if I'm stepping up to a 71 wheel, cheaper, stronger, flows more.

I honestly could'nt say one way or the other, all I ever ran was the S300's and never had a shortage of power, always short on traction. The s400 very well may be a stronger charger and cheaper, but I ran what my sponsors [HTT] believed in and built and it always worked very well. The title or topic was the biggest or highest flow S300, thats why I chimed in with a bit more info on the subject and from first hand experience with it.

Ryan Tucker