66/74/ .91 or .88

The add is directly from Borg Warner and what they claim to be their highest flowing S300, there have been bigger S300's built, even bigger than a 71. Didn't you want to stay with the small framed S300 and HTT thought you were crazy? It worked for you obviously, just alot better options out there for power and reliability.

I was looking at that particular charger because it flows a good bit of air, it's cheap, and I think it's about as big as I can spool for now with my SO pump.

The add is directly from Borg Warner and what they claim to be their highest flowing S300, there have been bigger S300's built, even bigger than a 71. Didn't you want to stay with the small framed S300 and HTT thought you were crazy? It worked for you obviously, just alot better options out there for power and reliability.

Na, they would have supplied me with a larger charger if I wanted one; even twins if I wanted. Remember my thoughts or theries on super tight convertors to utilize more torque and try and get the most effiecency out of a fluid coupling convertor.... this was my reason to stay with the smaller frame quicker spooling S300 chargers. Im a sucker for not changing what works well.......

Ryan

I was looking at that particular charger because it flows a good bit of air, it's cheap, and I think it's about as big as I can spool for now with my SO pump.

I understand, I was just giving info thats theres even a bigger option available in that same frame charger that will support even more power.

I was going to order the standard discharge. It appears to be in the same location as my HX35.

well the problem i see with that is dont look to be no way to attach a elbow to it. the ones ive seen dont have a flange on the discharge so idk how that would work.

well the problem i see with that is dont look to be no way to attach a elbow to it. the ones ive seen dont have a flange on the discharge so idk how that would work.

Why couldn't you use a silicone 90* or 45* fitting. Its a 3" hose connection?

Why couldn't you use a silicone 90* or 45* fitting. Its a 3" hose connection?

this^^^

diesel power source makes a silicone hose that goes from a third gen turbo housing to a second gen intercooler

either a 63/68/.91 or a 66/71/.91 will be my next windmill

I have a 62/68/14 T-3 and it wasn't all that impressed with it. I got smoked by a 6.4L with a delete and 100 horse tune. The 66/71/.91 might be nice but I haven't seen one for less the $1800+.

What's the price difference to get a T3 ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My ED 62/68/14 T-3 was around 2K I can buy the 66/74.91, weston's diverter, T-4 manifold, and external gate and have about the same invested.

Yeah, ED's chargers are high. I know that you can get BW S300s with a T3, but there is usually an upcharge. It isn't very much typically. A couple hundred bucks, maybe. That's what I was wondering about...the $680 BW charger with a T3.

I know you can get an S366 T3 all day from HTT, II, ED, etc but I'm not in the market for a $2k turbo when I could potentially score the BW in question for $800 or so. I figured you may have asked about a price to go to a T3 since your previous charger was a T3. That upcharge would probably be cheaper than buying a whole new manifold for a T4 charger, unless you were going to buy one anyway.

I have 2 main reason behind wanting a T-4. I wanted to use a diverter to help it get spooled quicker with my VP pump. And also I have indefinite plans to ppump the truck and go to S400 frame charger. I want a reg cab farm truck that runs low to mid 12's lol.

To buy outright? I thought it was much less to upgrade a T4.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure I just know the t4's are cheaper and flow better just don't have a wastegate.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure I just know the t4's are cheaper and flow better just don't have a wastegate.

Also for me with just an SO pump I doubt I can even fuel it hard enough to need a wastegate. I'm guesstimating about 60lbs is I could probably push out of it.

this^^^

diesel power source makes a silicone hose that goes from a third gen turbo housing to a second gen intercooler

either a 63/68/.91 or a 66/71/.91 will be my next windmill

well thats what im saying if used one with the 3rd gen comp housing and a straight boot it would be fine
BUT if it not the 3rd gen comp style housing just a regular discharge you would have to use a 90 degree boot and i dont like that idea at all. seen several 90's blowed out at the bend. creates a high pressure spot and i dont like that idea

With an ED wastegate adapter I can rotate the compressor housing enough on my 12V to hook to the factory boots/pipe... had to bend some sheetmetal on the inner fender, but it works. my lower radiator hose isnt happy, I'll tell you that!