79 ford

I was woundering if u had pics of the hood from the side when it closed?
Keep up the good work.

hood pics

:Cheer:

Attachments

• Picture 222.jpg
    Picture 222.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 223.jpg
    Picture 223.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 224.jpg
    Picture 224.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
im got latches and strikers from work. im putting on one each side at the top of the firewall so it wont wobble. i think i can hook them together and run a cable in the cab to release them

i got a couple of updates that i havent got on hear yet. the project has been on hold for a while. tryin to build a house

Man thats a good lookin truck im doing a similar swap into a bronco i know that the frames are different from the 1/2 to 3/4 ton trucks but i was wonderin if you had any pics or advice on the way you made the motor mounts and trimmed the crossmember

i got the mounts from fordcummins.com. you take the factory mount of the truck and use the bolt holes in the frame. if you have the doghouse off it makes it alot easier. i just set the engine in place and eyed up what need to be cut out. it took a couple times but it wasnt to bad. i pulled the engine back out and layed 4 pieces of 1/4 wall square tubing width wise and welded them in. then i layed 1/4 plate across the top and welded it shut. i also cut holes in the plate where it sits over top the square tubing and plug welded it.

i think the bolt holes in the frame were only 3/8. i cut a window in the side of the frame and drilled the hole out. then i welded in a 5/8 nut. also if you decide to go with the same mounts, the have two sets of holes to bolt to the block you you can change the height of the engine in frame. hope this helps!:Cheer:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 0
the go pedal. cam off a CAT IT28g

Attachments

• pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
trans cross member. still workin on this. i hope it works period.

Attachments

• pic 10.jpg
    pic 10.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 11.jpg
    pic 11.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 13.jpg
    Picture 13.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 0
aeromotive reguator. im losing the over flow valw and goin with a straight banjo bolt

Attachments

• pic15.jpg
    pic15.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pic 14.jpg
    pic 14.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the pics! it was a big help hope the rig turns out great il be sure to keep up on this build

great pics! im also cleaning up a 78 ford and adding a 12 valve. Lots of work but enjoying it

Last edited: