80mph is all help please!!!

I'll bet my dollar on it's your govenor. My stock truck would not go over 70mph with 4.10s and the stock govenor. I did have any issue with the fuel filter being a culprit but changed it and the truck wouldn't get over 72mph lol. If the motor can't rev it's not going to mph pretty simple. Good luck:)

I don't see how having the AFC arm out will cause the truck not to mph, mine is out and has been forever.

make sure your throttle linkage is making the full travel. your 215 pump should take you to 2800rpm or so stock. is it ruff running you hit your top rpm?

IIRC there is a TSB on the throttle cable on the 215 pumps, I'd make sure that has been done. You should be able to call a dealer and give them your VIN and they can tell you.

sites like this makes it so much easier then scanning usless sites for bits and pieces im jus gonna grab a overflow valve after work and see if it does the trick...

Sounds like a plan.

You can get them online cheaper. I can't remember the place, but it is posted all over DTR in their 12v section.

also make sure your fuel silanoid is pulling all the way up

dude pulled the shutoff up by hand started up and the truck ran like crazy only got it a lil over 105 lol lot better than 80 oh and the dually wheels smoke so easy thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your timing checked, it can slip, or maybe the guy you bought it off of retarded it for some "retarded" reason. But I recal when my timing slipped, all it did was Smoke and go nowhere! But it is possible that it did slip just enough to maybe 0-7 degrees. Check your fuel pressure and boost pressure. Also what Dave said could contribute to it. Governer springs out of wack? But we really need some boost and fuel readings to help you out here.

I think he got it straightened out, read post #34. shut off wasn't pulling up all the way.

Dave

yep turns out the sleeve for it was jus slidin in the mount home depot fixed that problem thanks tho i want to check the timing but gotta figure how first