843 hp 1300 ftlbs of tq

24VChevy

Ram-Bow
Was playing on the dyno this weekend doing a little tuning managed to pull 843 hp and 1300 ft of tq with a single charger no water meth or N2O was used straight #2 diesel. The amazing thing is the EGT'S on the Data Logger for a 6 cylinders never measured above 1200.00. (six seperate probes)

I really begining to like this new combo of parts. The Big Stick from Colt cams seemed to have made a huge differance in EGT and Spool up.

Max Boost was about 50 psi and drive pressure a little high at 68 psi. Need to tune the E.D. waste gate some more.

Fueling is F1 6.2

Motor is a 03 cummins.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUi3a_-b0tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGAHqrUetX4

Malcolm

right on Malcolm! Not a whole lot to add other than you need some fuel:rockwoot:

50psi? Heh. Funny how that number makes big power :). How big is that charger?

Awesome numbers!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what gearing and tire size nets 150mph?

Charger is a rather smallish S400 still working on the combo, Gears are a 3.21 and tires are 33 tall On the Dyno it will hit 160+ mph @ 4100 rpm, really freakin scary at those speed.

Hey Rob, Don's sending me some Nitrous sticks, I am a little nervous to hit the nitrous on the dyno never know what is going to fly apart....

Thanks

Malcolm

Sounds like your truck has some flatuance issues. Have you tried BEAN-O?

Looks good Malcolm. Definatly on the right path. Whose turbo is that?

Malcolm,
Great numbers! Is it just me or is the engine sitting farther back in the chassis now?

Must be nice to have your own dyno ;)

Can't wait to see that thing run this year!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Turbo is one that I have been working on with the Help of BD-Power.

Yes the engine is sitting a little further back, it was like that last year.

Moving it back made a huge differance in traction weight bias front vs back is 52% on the front wheels and 48% ion the rear.

Now were is that trans brake?

Hey Thanks Brad, trying to get it ready for the Arizona race, still a few bugs like most race trucks but I'll get it.

Malcolm

Turbo is one that I have been working on with the Help of BD-Power.

Yes the engine is sitting a little further back, it was like that last year.

Moving it back made a huge differance in traction weight bias front vs back is 52% on the front wheels and 48% ion the rear.

Now were is that trans brake?

Ahhh, I guess I didn't look closely under the hood this past season. That explains why you suddenly started pulling such big wheelstands, even on marginal tracks! Heck, I think your bias is comparable to my gasser now (still haven't weighed it with the aluminum-head BBC in it).

I still like the idea of the pinion brake like DirtyMax used to have, as it doesn't shock the suspension as much. I know some chassis setups need the shock to work well, but I would rather set the chassis up for a softer hit and be easier on parts.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Sweet Malcom, looking forward to seeing you guys next month.

Hopefully it is not a dyno queen again this year......

this sucker better run good, or ill shoot it like a lame horse.