95 getting a little quicker

Dual EE

I made it out to the drag strip sat and made two runs due to weather (fog) and the tracks computer problems. Last time I was out I ran a 14.9 at 93mph.

1st run ------------ 2nd run
.520 ------------ .330
2.410 ------------- 2.388
9.79 ---------------- 9.57
74.74 -------------- 76.88
15.007 ------------- 14.69
94.10 -------------- 95.35

Changes were a 18.5 exhaust housing (from a 12), moving the fuel plate full forward from 3/4,and a mack plug.

seems quite a bit faster then a stock truck, 13's are just around the corner.

We all know how this game goes, 13s, high 12s, mid 12s, low 12s, 11s lol.

I would love to make a 100mph pass. Knocking down my 60' would help that.

I would love to make a 100mph pass. Knocking down my 60' would help that.

Your 60' time is fine for 100 MPH. In all of my passes with my 95' Junker, as long as the 60' time is quicker than 2.55 seconds, I reach the same peak MPH within 1 MPH on each run.

If you want 100 MPH, you're going to have to add more fuel. Removing the plate and modifying the AFC or removing the AFC arm would be a quick way to pick up more fuel.

I still think for 100 MPH, you're going to need larger than stock 160 injectors or some full-cut delivery valves and a bunch of timing to help burn the late fuel.

Take the route I did, find a cheap set of used 215 injectors and run mid 13's at 100 MPH.

Big Blue,
I am running 370's and 181 dv's.

I didn't catch that fact the first time I read your post.

With just 95 MPH, your truck is definitely down on power from where I would guess it should be based on your modifications. Your MPH does seem to match your superflow dyno numbers. Here's a list of things I'd check to see if you can find a potential problem.

What are you using for a lift pump setup and how much fuel pressure are you seeing?

How tight are your governor springs? And about what RPM are you shifting?

Has your AFC been modified to allow for full travel? Have you tested your AFC to see if it moves when you apply shop air to the signal tubing? A ruptured diaphram would definitely cut back fueling as the AFC arm would not move very much.

Are you using a lock-up switch, and if yes from 2nd gear on or when do you lock the converter?

Is your transmission healthy, does it feel like it's putting all of your available power to the ground?

How much boost are you seeing with the Dodgezilla? I'd think that with it's 60mm compressor and 18.5 exhaust housing, you have enough turbo for 12 second passes.

I'd also think with 370's, you have enough fuel for 12 second passes as well. Maybe you just need to try removing your Ponci plate which I assume is designed for daily driving and not drag racing and see if it's limiting injection pump duration.

Unless your dually is loaded down pretty heavy pushing like 8k lbs, 95 MPH reflects not a lot of horsepower for your current level of fueling and turbo modifications.

Last edited:
We all know how this game goes, 13s, high 12s, mid 12s, low 12s, 11s lol.

Yea it,s goes something like this; 13's high 12's break some parts, fix that with better parts, mid to low 12's break something else, add better parts, high to mid 11's, :poke:start thinking with just a bit more fuel and air I can be in the 10's:doh: insert large amounts of cash here and so on....:bang LOL

Isnt that the truth^ 10s are outa the question for me I have no desire to go that fast.

The transmission was just rebuilt and has a triple disc tc. The turbo lights around 10-12# and then buries my 35# boost gauge quickly. The truck weighs about 6800 including driver. I use the lockup switch after 2nd gear. The lift pump is stock and I am unsure of the fuel pressure.

As far as the AFC and the springs, I don't know. I don't have the knowledge to adjust anything but the fuel plate.