a dmax and 6k rpm...NO?

What happened to limiting r's in a 2.6 class? Its just me but I think r's need to be limited to 4500 in that class or jump up a class. Since 9 times out of 10 they already have a 3.0 charger with a bushing anyways.

Don't limit the R's just put a real limit on the charger.

Did the OP ever say this was with his truck? Or with the truck that he hooks in 2.6 with?

IMO I'd lay off the assumptions until there's some more answers. ;)

Its funny how well Wesley Wade does with 3500rpm in the 2.6 class if these RPM are so important....

Its funny how well Wesley Wade does with 3500rpm in the 2.6 class if these RPM are so important....

Well when you put a muzzle on an engine sacrifices must be made. Remove the muzzle, and then go compete in say.... the open class at 3500rpm. Better get ready to make over 3000ft/lbs of torque if you plan to pull that off.

Who said it was 2.6 truck any way?
Not puttin down Wes's truck at all but there are some 2.6 turning more rpm's then him doing just as well sometimes better.

Did the OP ever say this was with his truck? Or with the truck that he hooks in 2.6 with?

IMO I'd lay off the assumptions until there's some more answers. ;)

The original poster i believe ran 2.6 at schieds amd finished in the top 5 i believe with a hoodstack that the rules said were not allowed BTW.. It says on schieds website.

I know that Illinois but just because he is posting this doesn't mean it's that truck that the screen shot is from.

Unless he's gone full stand alone on that truck OR completely converted the elec. on it over to those from an LBZ/LMM, that graph is not from his truck because the LB7 elec. can't do it. Look at his video hooked to a tractor. It was hating life at 52xx rpm, it sure ain't gonna like 6000 and asking for more on a free rev. ;) And at Scheid, it wasn't converted over and would be a miracle if he has converted it in the short time since then but maybe he did?

That's all I'm trying to say. :D

Sorry but you can do it with a factory GM LB7 ECM all day long. We turn 5600 RPM over two years ago with a factory LB7 ECM but it doesn't do it under loaded conditions. That's why it's a joke showing a neutral Rev.

What do you think the second truck (grey dually) and the last truck (red D-max at 2:00) were turning. Grey dually melted a CP3 fuel hose don't know what went wrong with the Red truck.

YouTube - Viola 2009

grey dually 3900-4000 and the red truck prolly 4200ish...that what they sound like to me compared to what ive ran before

So was this your red truck that you run in the 2.6 class with Matt? Either way, is this with LB7 electronics?

I thought the dually sounded like it still had that d-max cackle and started to rev past it, but the red one seemed to rev right through the cackle on the line and went into a smooth sound going down the track. That is why I was thinking that red one went well over 5000.

i would say that its prolly not too far above the 4k mark...just from the sound. idk tho...

At the 2:50 mark What kinda r's was this dmax hitten?
YouTube - Dover, Oh 9/26/09 Open Diesel

Tim has large headers and up-pipes that sweep forward. That makes it sound deceiving. I bet it is not as high as you're thinking.

Hard to guess RPM just by the sound of these trucks with all the custom piping and turbos.

My brother liked to free rev his too. At least until we had to clean up the parts with a scoop shovel down at Edgewater.:lolly:

i thought i heard he was above 6k...or maybe it just sounds loud a ****,,,lol