A Thing Of Beauty

I landed up using some Schedual 40 and 4" black pipe 90degree bends used in the boiler industry. At the time I searched all over the net and BBD (Scott Vorhees) was going to ship from the place he had bought them for his twin build. Turns out I found them right in my back yard...only 5 miles away.

Here are some pics of my custom hot pipe...I don't think I have to worry about any cracking. I didn't bother cleaning the welds as its covered in heat wrap.

DSCN0750.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

and here is my charger setup incase your wondering what it looks like with the funny hotpipe.
DSCN0751.jpg

Hey Piers...not sure if you remember me at all, I was dropping the 5.9 into my GMC, Im from Ontario and shipped a P7100 cam and govenor essembly out to you just before you left PDR....worked great!!!!! Here's a pic of it in action from this past summer.
TruckResized2.jpg

RyanB

Hi Ryan,
Yes, I remember you, glad to hear your pulling truck is up & running. Here's a pic with the turbo's top heavy:)
sbc twin.jpg

So instead of a blower sticking out of the hood you will have the turbos? lol I am going to assume that having them up like that is an attempt to keep as much cold water off of the hot exhaust housings as possible right?

Well, that's true, ya shouldn't get too much water up there:) Not sure if the line of vison will be too good though. I was trying to show Manseil different ways he could hang the chargers, once he gets the
4B into the Jeep. Also, how that design of hot pipe is very adjustable to turbo placement.

How much HP can be gotten with the VE pump on a 4bt?? I been searching for cored 7100 pumped ones but they are far and few. I can get a VE pumped 4bt now but dont want to have buy a 7100 pump then as well.

I can't give much info on the questions cause I DON'T KNOW!! :hehe:

Alls I know is when this is all said and done I am going to be broke. THANKS PIERS!!*bdh*

Peter

I can't give much info on the questions cause I DON'T KNOW!! :hehe:

Alls I know is when this is all said and done I am going to be broke. THANKS PIERS!!*bdh*

Peter

Peter, I talked to the wise ol guru, :hehe:, about this little powerhouse, and I am impressed! This is gonna be quite a runner when completed.:bow: I would see if you can get rid of that cast cam and hunt for someone to cut you a steel one so you would be able to bring the rpm's up safely:evil Dang that's gonna be cool, keep us updated on the progress.....:rockwoot:

It is still in the works. Motor is being set now. I will update some pictures tomarrow. We are trying to name the truck and being it is for mub bogs and mud drags I came up with "cumminslider" Thought that was tooo funny. Say it fast a couple of times.

Peter

THAT IS TO FREAKIN AWESOME I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO ONE FOREVER, expect a call piers i want some info on that powerhouse.

and another

Attachments

• MPJEEP1.jpg
    MPJEEP1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Looks like a SBC judging by the sticker on the top of the pressure plate.

What kind of goober would run a 4bt in a race truck :poke:

I cant believe I have been missing this :pop: I will be drooling for atleast a day or two. Now back to trying to make two VE pumps mount up since I cant afford the p-pump for my 4 banger yet :bang

You should really think on using atleast 2 x 6's for your motor mounts, 2 x 4's will break easily:poke::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: