Aeromotive A1000

Is a banjo return off the pump to regulator sufficient or do you need a fitting in one of the other ports?

pump to regulator, regulator to filter then to VP44 and regulator to tank, so yes you need to use one of the other ports to return to the tank--I put a tee in the 3/4" overflow hose off the fuel fill neck...hope this helps.....chris

I have a raptor now, but I am looking into a fuel labs pump. If you are looking for something different.

im runnin an aeromotive 20-60 psi regulator (with high pressure spring installed) with the return completely separate from the regulator with a ford 7.3 super duty lift pump and a p7100 and it seems to work pretty good

Got tired of bleeding the injectors to re-start the truck if the throttle got cut off quick, been 7yrs without an issue.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-11101

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-13301

Bumping this thread up because I'm planning my fuel system out now. I want to run the A1000 and two fleetgard filter bases for WS and FF, what I haven't figured out yet is the regulator. The link you posted, Weston, looks like the ideal pressure range, especially since all I would have to do is swap springs if I decide to p pump. The only thing I'm unsure of is the inlet size. With the pump and filter heads both being 5/8", and the line I'm running to the injection pump being a 1/2", it seems odd to neck it down to 3/8" through the regulator. Am I worrying over nothing?

Also, where are you guys running the regulator? I'm assuming to get VP safe pressures it has to be in the supply line? Any difference in running the regulator pre or post filter?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
If you put the pump back by the tank and run a line up to the filter canister then to the VP with a T on the inlet to the VP and hook a pressure regulator into the second line from the T and back to the tank. You should never have to prime the system again. air will be bleed out just by running the pump. A second improvement would be to drill a hole in the top of the filter housing, not the lid with a return line back to the tank, put a small plug in the fitting on the housing or line with a very small hole about a 32nd of an inch. This will bleed all of the air out of the fuel while the truck is running. I did this on my truck with a raptor pump. Unfortunately I can still pull it down to 13 psi at wot.

Last edited:
So you are saying to run a second return line in addition to the factory? Though this return line will be coming from a T right before the supply side of the VP?

I don't know if it makes a difference in this discussion, but I am planning on replacing the factory return lines with 3/8 hose and Eric at vulcan was going to find me a check valve to use instead of the OFV on the VP. I plan on T-ing the return lines together and running them back to an old drawstraw II to return fuel into the tank near the sump

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373240313.647337.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373240355.874909.jpg

This is how I did mine. I did the same thing on my 98 12v. It runs so much better than when I had a Fass pump on it.
-10 from my sump
-10 from pump to filter
-8 from filter to regulator. Set at 17 psi
-8 to injection pump.
-6 from regulator to tank . I used the old feed on top of the tank. The factory return from the pump and head are on the original return.
Wiring harness from the old Fass.
This works great!

Anybody have objections to the FASS regulator? Its roughly the same price but has 1/2" ports

Just got my A1000 from summit, and it has a petroleum smelling liquid in it. Did any of you guys have this in your pumps?

Also, the instructions are recommending a pump speed controller, anybody have one or find them necessary?

67AA31F1-35EF-4E16-964C-005A53B81410-27974-00001B9FAE50B78D.jpg

D64DB6A2-D172-4CB7-91F9-9E0C7AB683A2-27974-00001B9FB63C21FC.jpg

957E293E-FF1A-4974-8CBD-65B390C2A712-27974-00001B9FBE894B75.jpg

5D989FFB-4748-4D8D-A2A2-98F675F0AA46-27974-00001B9FC4648CA2.jpg

Last edited: