AFC important !!!

Both of my trucks have an AFC, although the one in my race truck is set up pretty aggressive. It however doesn't get out much until after the sun goes down and then usually it's just a short ride to the race track with light throttle input.

Speaking of which, it's about that time of year to smog test my Junker Drag Truck, who thinks it will pass emissions testing with 5x.018 injectors and 024 DV's?

I do!

i really doubt you two black out 4 lanes of traffic for sh!ts and gig's though.....

I know a lot of people have ben saying this for a long time. With the current political landscape, it is more important to watch your P's and Q's though. Obama issued an executive order a few months back stating that emissions were an emminent danger to the general health of the American public and posed a great risk. With this declaration it gives him much more power and scope to do what he sees necessary to "protect" the public from themselves. That being said, the big polluters will be addressed first such as coal plants and current vehicle emissions. I can see a day in the not so distant future when hot rod vehicles and trucks emmisions are in question. Lets face it, a 16 year old blacking out 4 lanes of traffic is emmiting the eqivelant af many cars emissions.

Like I said, either we police ourselves or they will do it for us. A few things need to be addressed for this to be taken care of. First, is for the owners to properly tune their vehicles. Second, correct injector spray pattern. This is often overlooked. Third is airflow through the engine, head and cam. Lastly is turbocharger technology. This is something that is really starting to be addressed. BB and lighter turbine sections are something Garrett addressed a few years back but they didn't have the ETT wheels to flow decent air at higher boost numbers, that has been fixed. At SEMA Borg Warner released its new line of chargers that feature twin BB, Titanium based turbine sections, and increased efficiency turbine sections. I think it is up to every truck owner and Vendor to work together to clean this sport up. Like I said previously it is a very serious subject.

Zach

I agree with all of you, tuned AFC is SOOOOOO much better, I had (and still have) a turbomatt tuned one, and now I run a Smokem one with my twins, it makes the truck so much nicer to drive, and talk about responsive!

36593.jpg

SEMA.jpg

More of these and made to work better will be a step in the right direction as well.

Yea Nick... thats an interesting piece. I looked at a similar device a while back, that would work with a stock divided manifold. Check your PM's. (sorry 4 the derail)

Both of my trucks have an AFC, although the one in my race truck is set up pretty aggressive. It however doesn't get out much until after the sun goes down and then usually it's just a short ride to the race track with light throttle input.

Speaking of which, it's about that time of year to smog test my Junker Drag Truck, who thinks it will pass emissions testing with 5x.018 injectors and 024 DV's?

I do!

my old 97 passed with flying colors with Iis dragon flows and 024 dvs, the flows may have been 5x.018's or 5x.016's i bought them used and they flowed a chit ton of fuel enough for 458/1053 on the stock turbo with stock delivery valves and only a plate and mack rack plug.

36593.jpg

SEMA.jpg

More of these and made to work better will be a step in the right direction as well.

what does this device do, speaking of smoke a lot of guys still seem to be hyping waste motor oil as fuel

what does this device do, speaking of smoke a lot of guys still seem to be hyping waste motor oil as fuel

Search spool flange along with my old engineered diesel 468 thread. There's also alot of threads about the sound performance valve pictured as well. The rendering is the BD Power piece not on the market yet.

Very well said.

I like to puff smoke but not pour it out going down the road, or light to light. My 96 I had ran in the 12's and was nothing but light haze going the 1/4 mile and when spooled just a puff out each stack, once I had it tuned like I wanted. I even tightened my star wheel more once I went to bigger twins, to help light them quicker when driving in town. 12v's if all components are understood correctly they are very tunable if time is taken, to test and drive to get what you want to happen and when ect.

...I am with you all on a tuned truck. I know when I got into the diesel game I had a gutted afc. It is a matter of maturity and progressing up the ladder in the diesel hobby. The more educated one becomes the better decisions get. I am not with most of what Zach is saying in refernce to Nobama and this administration. It's all a big game at our expense. It's about getting the select few rich through taxing the people... carbon credits, global warming scheme, etc. "When the people fear the government there is Tyranny, when the government fears the people there is Liberty" - Jefferson. Smoke or not should be a judgement of logic not fear of the government policing us. Zach, if you haven't noticed Nobama is doing what ever he wants regardless of our opinions, self governing, or "policing" as you put it.

I guess what I am saying is that if we don't get the guys to cut it out a bit it we will stick out like a sore thumb. I believe that will make legislation and enforcement happen inevitable, and in nearer in the future than if people chill out a bit and fly under the radar a bit.

Zach