Air-liquid cooler setups

The factory aftercooler has been used by several guys. The cooler size is about 15x1.75x6" or so. The factory aftercooler should help feed #1 and #6 by opening up the intake plate for those with factory intake manifolds. You will need to set up a different set of injection lines, though.

so what do you guys have in the reservoir cooler, just water with the ice something seperate so they don't mix or how do you store the water?

i was going to build one of these this year, but im sure this would be a big no-no that would get me the boot at one of the best places i can pull.

Why? people run water to air on the street.

People also run aftermarket/homemade bumpers on the street, but they arent allowed.

"The Buck" is a world in its own

Yea, pretty much. They set their own rules, and anything that looks slightly out of place is a red flag and you are screwed.

You can run a 600+hp duramax with a cheater turbo and big tune in the "Street Stock" class as long as the housing is stock.

But if you take a stock 24v Cummins and put a CFM or banks air horn on it (which adds ZERO hp) you are bumped to the "Modified Street" class because its visible engine enhancement.

An Air/Water IC on a modified street truck would have you sitting in the stands because they will tell you its not street legal.

People also run aftermarket/homemade bumpers on the street, but they arent allowed.

Yea, pretty much. They set their own rules, and anything that looks slightly out of place is a red flag and you are screwed.

You can run a 600+hp duramax with a cheater turbo and big tune in the "Street Stock" class as long as the housing is stock.

But if you take a stock 24v Cummins and put a CFM or banks air horn on it (which adds ZERO hp) you are bumped to the "Modified Street" class because its visible engine enhancement.

An Air/Water IC on a modified street truck would have you sitting in the stands because they will tell you its not street legal.

You guy's in that street mod class need to get together and have a talk with Oz at the first hook and tell him what you guys what changed. And if he dont like it, then tell him he wont have a street mod class at the next event because nobody is going to show. I think thats the only way they will change.

You guy's in that street mod class need to get together and have a talk with Oz at the first hook and tell him what you guys what changed. And if he dont like it, then tell him he wont have a street mod class at the next event because nobody is going to show. I think thats the only way they will change.

Agreed... Or they need another class, that would be nice.

I want to hook on that track in the worst way!!!!!!

Last year was my first time there and when i walked across it i almost lost my boot LOL

Agreed... Or they need another class, that would be nice.

I want to hook on that track in the worst way!!!!!!

Last year was my first time there and when i walked across it i almost lost my boot LOL

Yea i would say its one of the best on the east coast. I dont think they will start another class either, i was told they dont even want to have the ecs 3.0 trucks there because they have enough for 1 night. The best thing would be to have the 2.8 guys all get together and discuss what they want changed and then go to Oz

Good luck, we tried it before with hanging weights/bumpers and it all reverted back to the original rules, they dont want our input. I just deal with it because nobody else pays out 6 places with $250 for 1st around here.

And mike if you want to hook there come down for the ECS series, there is one in may and one in june, you will have to pay extra to hook with ECS if you arent a member pulling for points, but I did it twice last year and it was worth it.

Saltwater and aluminum aren't a good mix. That is why most salt water boats use tons of SS parts. I would look at a glycol mix almost with two heat exchangers and then put the second heat exchanger in dry ice. If you keep the regular water moving you can get it below 32F.

Good luck, we tried it before with hanging weights/bumpers and it all reverted back to the original rules, they dont want our input. I just deal with it because nobody else pays out 6 places with $250 for 1st around here.

And mike if you want to hook there come down for the ECS series, there is one in may and one in june, you will have to pay extra to hook with ECS if you arent a member pulling for points, but I did it twice last year and it was worth it.

lets get a hook

Sounds good to me!!!!!

Back to the topic on hand

i been looking at puting air to water in my cr pulling truck the truck dont c any street time anymore but i was jw how much extra power can be made from one of these and i undersatand it helps cool the intake charge but will it help any to drop egts sence where not allowed to run water in 2.6 jw cause i got qoted 2 grand for everything installed and just wanta make sure it be worth it

i been looking at puting air to water in my cr pulling truck the truck dont c any street time anymore but i was jw how much extra power can be made from one of these and i undersatand it helps cool the intake charge but will it help any to drop egts sence where not allowed to run water in 2.6 jw cause i got qoted 2 grand for everything installed and just wanta make sure it be worth it

Yes it will drop EGTs.

Back