Air To H20 Cooler Parts......

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
-I got my air to water IC
-What else do I need I know I need a pump and hoses I am going to use a stadium size cooler in the bed but how do I plumb my fittings into the cooler and how do I keep the water seperate from my ICE?
HELP
Brandon

-I got my air to water IC
-What else do I need I know I need a pump and hoses I am going to use a stadium size cooler in the bed but how do I plumb my fittings into the cooler and how do I keep the water seperate from my ICE?
HELP
Brandon

Bring it over, and I'll help ya;)

Or at least tell me what you have and I'll help finish your parts list:D

Chris

Brandon are you gonna have issues running this at the pulls? Lots of places don't allow it.

epoxy bungs into the sides of the cooler to attach the hoses to... Put a mesh or screen filter over the ends of the bungs on the inside of the cooler to keep ice from getting in the hoses... Have it suck water from the bottom of the cooler and return water towards the top of the cooler so the warm, returned water is spit out over top of the ice and has to percolate down through the ice to get to the bottom before it's sucked back out by the pump.

C-ya

I would use bulk head fittings they are made for this thats what I use in my gas tank to feed my pump and no leaks, I would use at least 1 in , and use a big buldge boat pump that would b mounted in side the cooler and use the return somewere up top , I know a few that are like this and work great and cheap ....

We build an aluminum mesh "shelf" just over the pick up in the bottom of the cooler. They have been working great all year.

I know the platte city pull didn't.
Indiana truck pullers. I didn't think NADM or DHRA did in the lower classes.

That's water injection. Air/Water intercooler hasn't been banned anywhere I've been this year.

The only place NADM rules mention an intercooler/aftercooler is in the ballast section:
"The ballast box must be securely fastened to the frame or cross
member with at least two 1/2 inch diameter steel bolts. Any liquid
other than consumable engine fuel that is located behind the front
firewall (on a front-engine
vehicle), is considered ballast and is prohibited, except for intercooler
tanks that contain water and/or ice only. The tank must be securely
mounted to frame, frame member, or OEM floor pan."

DHRA

2.8 class is the only rules I could find. I don't care if he runs one or not. Just don't want him to invest in it then then not be allowed to pull.

Intercoolers:
Air to air intercoolers only; water to air is prohibited.

That was from the DHRA 2.8 rules.

One thing to remember if you do something different...and it works, it will either be copied or banned.

We ran them on 2 trucks last season no significant gain in performancejust weight that you can't have out front I switched to an aftermarket air to air and them temp before and after was about the same.

he runs 2.6 though but if he does want to bump up he would have to change.

We ran them on 2 trucks last season no significant gain in performancejust weight that you can't have out front I switched to an aftermarket air to air and them temp before and after was about the same.

U are telling me no gain with a air/water IC :confused:?
Brandon

prob. not on your setup.... maybe a big truck that the air temps are getting hot, why dont you just buy a bigger intercooler setup? or put a intercooler sprayer on it?

Brandon are you gonna have issues running this at the pulls? Lots of places don't allow it.

Ya i'd say you will have to jump to a 3.0 class in order to run that. Or if your going to try and fly under the radar you shouldnt ask how to install it here haha! Just messing with ya! By the way nice hook at Scheids. Would have like to seen you pull at the end of the pack!

prob. not on your setup.... maybe a big truck that the air temps are getting hot, why dont you just buy a bigger intercooler setup? or put a intercooler sprayer on it?

i'm sure brandons pyro is useless. i know mine would be over 1600* by the time i hit the 100ft mark. every little bit helps i think it would be a good idea, way to be creative.

What are yalls thoughts on running IC delete pipes and just plumbing in water to cool other than the fact if you chunk a turbo it goes in the motor. And yes water is allowed were I pull.

Sorry to highjack the thread Brandon

What are yalls thoughts on running IC delete pipes and just plumbing in water to cool other than the fact if you chunk a turbo it goes in the motor. And yes water is allowed were I pull.

Sorry to highjack the thread Brandon

problem with that is you lose air volume. On a single charger air volume is very important it is the differance between chirping the charger and spinning out.

air inlet temps are not the same as egt's. air inlet temps are like 1300 degrees lower than egt's at wide open throttle. If you are running 1500 or so egt's.

Back