Air To H20 Cooler Parts......

I've been building this setup forever, finally getting very close putting it on the dyno. We'll see what happens. It is a crazy tight fit. In the middle of the fab work....
That is looking awesome!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Nice job on the fab work!

No clue on anything.... This is a brand new setup for me. My old setup was flux 3s, smarty, tst, ez, and *nx* , super B special. It made 870 but the head gasket didn't like it. I lifted the head on the dyno, but was able to run it for another couple of months.

I've been building this setup forever, finally getting very close putting it on the dyno. We'll see what happens. It is a crazy tight fit. In the middle of the fab work....
CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0061-1.jpg

CIMG0065.jpg

I started to do the homework on it a couple of months before i started the project. Right now there is no heater or AC hooked up. It can be done, but custom lines need to be made. The PCM is in the cowling now. No more shock tower either.

That S510 is crazy big, Erick! :evil

Where did the battery end up? - we've got ours back in the toolbox with the 10 gallon 304SS water/meth tank.

What is the flexible SS braided coupling for?

You might want to swap that miter cut in the CAC inlet for a long-radius elbow...

Do you have a crankcase evacuation pump planned?

That S510 is crazy big, Erick! :evil

Where did the battery end up? - we've got ours back in the toolbox with the 10 gallon 304SS water/meth tank.

What is the flexible SS braided coupling for?

You might want to swap that miter cut in the CAC inlet for a long-radius elbow...

Do you have a crankcase evacuation pump planned?

Right now I am just running off of one battery. I'm gonna wire them to the back a little later.

The miter cut charge pipe will be remade with mandrel bent radius pieces. This one gives me a good idea as to how it will all fit and where the bends have to be. That pipe got coated for free, so i just did it for now to get it running.

The flexible connections are for the wastegates. I have a 50mm coming off the manifold and entering back into the hot pipe. Then i have a 48mm coming off the hot pipe before the re-entry of the 50mm. The 50mm is moving unspent heat (not used up to drive the small turbine). So you want the 48mm to wastegate exhaust that has gone through the turbine and then add the unspent heat after that.

And yes.... the S510 is a huge SOB. The compressor just loafs when the truck is at idle. It almost looks like you can grab the compressor and stop it. Everyone got a kick out of that. I had to put the turbo at an odd angle compared to the motor. Doing this actually made the down pipe work so that i could run 5" to the turbo.

As for evacuation, I only have some breathers on top of the valve cover. I couldn't fit the factory breather anymore because of the charge pipe to the small turbo. So i welded a plate over it and put a 1.25" stand on the driver side of the valve cover.

I'm assuming the USB secondary isn't internally gated?

Where did you get the hot side pieces ceramic coated - looks like the 2200*F black stuff...

I'm assuming the USB secondary isn't internally gated?

Where did you get the hot side pieces ceramic coated - looks like the 2200*F black stuff...

The USB has a non-gated housing on it. Roughly about 12.5 cm housing.

There is a company here in Fresno that does all of my coatings. Cap's Coating. Don Weber is the guy that runs the place. Super nice guy. The black coating is something he wanted to try out and had asked me if I would mind if the exhaust side could be done with it. All of the turbo and piping kits i build, he coats.

Back