airdog noise

hunt4food

airdog 150 is making funny noises. not a constant hum but it sounds like it is struggling to pump. check hoses and it is pumping great tons of fuel with no air. sounds like lots of air is in there. tank is full and it smoothed out a little when i took off the gas cap and opened the water seperator. anyone have a clue what it might be?

sounds like its picking up air. does it keep doing it while the truck is at rest?

another question.... is there any electrical items on the same circuit causing a load? or grid heaters cycling on and off possibly?

all of my airdogs are quiet as a mouse unless they pick up air from low fuel

I'm pretty disappointed in noise coming from my Raptor. If fuels great but you almost need ear plugs in the truck ! It's easily heard over the truck running... full tank or not. I'm hoping these new pumps they're coming out with will be much quieter.

It was a big problem with the FASS and I hoped it wouldn't be a problem with Pure Flow's stuff.

Mine is making noise as well!
Mechanical..............:rockwoot:

it makes the noise when the truck is not even running. been trying to look for leaks but nothing yet. also best i can hear it does it also when the truck is running.

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed in noise coming from my Raptor. If fuels great but you almost need ear plugs in the truck ! It's easily heard over the truck running... full tank or not. I'm hoping these new pumps they're coming out with will be much quieter.

It was a big problem with the FASS and I hoped it wouldn't be a problem with Pure Flow's stuff.

x2, my airdog is loud as hell and seems like it gets louder by the day.

My AD makes a sound similar to a pole mounted transformer, I wouldn't worry about it. The sound goes away when I unscrew the water separator a bit. I checked all my connections and don't see how any air could get in. I'd just roll with it unless it's really loud. Remember, you guys and your common rails will notice alot more noise then us old dinosaur motor 12v guys:p

Just had to replace my Raptor 150 again for the second time. The Gyrotor to a chit again and it was louder then my 01 running. Then it finally shut off on me this morning.

here's a video of my pump running. It's also my second pump from Pure Flow. I sent the first one back due to how loud it was. This one is even louder. I just redid my fuel system and lines and I know I have no air getting in the line.

I think Charlie at Pure Flow is great people and has a great product but, I sure hope the noise levels can be brought down on their newer pumps.

Is it me or is this one loud pump ??

here's a video of my pump running. It's also my second pump from Pure Flow. I sent the first one back due to how loud it was. This one is even louder. I just redid my fuel system and lines and I know I have no air getting in the line.

I think Charlie at Pure Flow is great people and has a great product but, I sure hope the noise levels can be brought down on their newer pumps.

Thats what mine sounds like, I can hear it over my dual disk chattering at idle, its annoying, to say the least.

i have a fass-150 an it is very loud,it does that sound also like its sucking air..an u can hear it in the cab of my megacab06..very anoying:(

Thats what mine sounds like, the first one I had was the smaller diameter motor sent it back and they sent the one with the bigger diameter motor and still makes the noise!

I feel the same way, I think they are great people but......

triton i wish mine sounded like that. at least is sounds it is working right. mine sounds like it is struggling to pump and is gurgling on fuel. will try to make a video and post it.

Wow guys, mine isn't nearly that loud! Nevermind. Wonder what gives what the pumps being that loud? I know mine is setup from them for 30psi return. What pressure is the one in your video set to run at triton?

I run 15psi. Don't get me wrong... the pump works great, just a bit loud for my taste.

triton i wish mine sounded like that. at least is sounds it is working right. mine sounds like it is struggling to pump and is gurgling on fuel. will try to make a video and post it.

The guys at Airdog are aware of this thread so maybe they'll have some kind of answer for you.

My Fass was really loud and sounded like that when i was at the nationals last year i talked to the owner/founder of fass and i guess that some of the older fass systems and airdogs have a bearing on the one side and the motor is on the other and they would anodize them and it might cause the 2 pieces not to be a perfect fit which would cause the shaft from the motor to be in the bearing at a little bit of an angle and it would wear out the bearing causing all kinds of noise. I had to go through a dealer so i took it to scheid and they put a new fass 150 on for 300$ and now its quiet i guess they figured out thats what happened so they machine it after anodizing now.

just talked to Charlie at Pureflow. He thinks your may have a blocked or clogged fuel tank vent.

He said don't undo the WS, just open the cap. If it quiets down and works better..... the tank vent is the cause