Allison in Dodge?

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Anyone out there put the Series 1000 Allison in a Dodge? If so what all did it take?:thankyou2:

Andy

Saw one this past weekend at the Suncoast Dyno Day... It was really sweet.

I have Pics on my Camera it is a sweet Set-up. I'll upload them as soon as I can.. I don't think he is a member here..but he will be soon.

no, but I know you can get an adapter plate from destroked.com!

I have some pictures of installed kit. Can't resize them so if Tim can do that I will send them to you.

Here are the pictures of the transmission in the truck......

Attachments

• dodge1 (Custom).jpg
    dodge1 (Custom).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 157
  • dodge2 (Custom).jpg
    dodge2 (Custom).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 124
  • dodge3 (Custom).jpg
    dodge3 (Custom).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 110
  • dodge4 (Custom).jpg
    dodge4 (Custom).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 102
Currently you can get stand alone controller from Alli, soon PCS will have an afetrmarket controler out and then it will be a cinch. We already have the adpaters made and billet flexplates for bolt up install.

Require infomation on this kit. Vendor, cost, where can I find it. What year models is it applicable on.

Well, there are two different site sponsors who can hook you up :rockwoot:

I got a chance to see the Suncoast kit this weekend as well, it comes with new crossmembers, adaptor, flexplate etc....

Ok when is the Suncoast kit going to be available and what is the price going to be? Someone pm me if there is info they cant post for everyone to see. I really dont want to dump money into my 47 if I can go with an Allison. I just emailed Suncoast to see what they have to say.

Andy

Last edited:
bdp said:
Currently you can get stand alone controller from Alli, soon PCS will have an afetrmarket controler out and then it will be a cinch. We already have the adpaters made and billet flexplates for bolt up install.

The stand alone controller from Allison doesn't work very well unless you can program it which SC can. PCS is out of the picture, believe JET bought them out. I don't know if I like the billet flexplate as that becomes your converter alignment and has no room to move and might put too much pressure on crank. I would rather have some flex. The SC kit has an optional 6th gear for the Allison which is another overdrive. .71 regular overdrive and an additional .61 which will be nice.

I would just be happy with the five speed. One question I have though is how can you manually select what year you want when our trucks are setup for the three speed with electric overdrive? Will they have the tow/haul option like the Gm does? Will you be able to lock out OD?

Andy

Andy
I don't know yet but will keep you guys posted. This is going to happen soon.

Mike L. said:
Andy
I don't know yet but will keep you guys posted. This is going to happen soon.

Thanks alot, hopefully the kit will be ready when I'm ready for a new trans.:thankyou2:

Andy

Back