Allison in Dodge?

it had a commercial single disc convertor, all it had was a trans go, at the dyno day, now it's a stage 4 with the pro loc, i had a six speed, and i hated my eep dual disc clutch, so i found a commercial 1000 and took all the adaptation parts and put on mine, i wish suncoast had there kit, when i started my conversion. there is so many different housing out there, it can be a real pain to convert, finally got it workin, be patient it will be worth ur wait

Chase

Fleece Performance Engineering

Oh I will be patient. If they are that high it will be another year before I get mine together. What transfer case are you using?

Andy

chevy manual shift, even if it is 2000 dollars more than the dodge complete trans it is still worth it, 2 more gears, mine is a 5 speed and it runs 2300 at 80, 17.5 mpg

Yeah if I do it I will be getting the six speed. Thanks for the info. We need some more pics of your truck. Did you just have your trans built?

Andy

we stayed over and built the tranny on sunday, thanks to ron at suncoast for his southern hospitality, guess i got lucky i was in the best place to break down, the have a very nice shop, and are capable of making any thing outta billiet, i got to see that first hand, i had a very rare valve body problem, my tranny was a 1999 model, one of the early production models. i have to say this convertor is awesom.

Dazed&Confused said:
Cool, the more I think about this the more I am wanting one.

You and me both :rockwoot:

Chase> Very nice looking truck you have there, I'm jealous :bow: :bow:

im really looking forward to this conversion, were looking to get close to the 10's this year and the allison would really help, at least 2 tenths over the standard 48re. i think there is a real advantage over the 48re here.! a allison and *nx* would be cool.

Hey Chase, do you think I could put one in my truck? Would you come over and help me? Didn't you say your truck did a wheelie before?

as far as shafts go in the dodge tranny, we broke or twisted all of the billet shafts this year and didn't have very many runs on the tranny. we are waiting on a final product of the allison too. that is the biggest advantage for us is the strength.

Hey Smitty, didn't I talk to you about a month ago about this. You are in KY right?

ok its about tranny time and this whole allison in a dodge has sparked my intrest.i like the idea of having a six speed since i do alot of highway driving. i plan on running 37's on my truck when my current tires go bad and i am intrested in seeing how fast i can get my truck to go down the strip on 37's. would i beneft launch wise with an allison over the dodge trans? i am thinking 4:56 gear with the allison or 4:10 with the dodge. i just dont want to spend my money on the dodge trans if it would be better to run the allison.:rockwoot:

Does anybody know how big the clutches are in the allison as compared to the dodge? And how about the housings (drums) would one support more tq than the other since i want to run 37's?:thankyou2:

The main reason people are wanting to go to the Allison is due to the fact beigger and stronger shafts in the trans. I would say most of the other stuff may be a little stouter as well.

Dazed&Confused said:
The main reason people are wanting to go to the Allison is due to the fact beigger and stronger shafts in the trans. I would say most of the other stuff may be a little stouter as well.

It's also way more driver friendly, especially in town.