Allison in Dodge?

Mike L. said:
PCS is out of the picture, believe JET bought them out. I don't know if I like the billet flexplate as that becomes your converter alignment and has no room to move and might put too much pressure on crank. I would rather have some flex. The SC kit has an optional 6th gear for the Allison which is another overdrive. .71 regular overdrive and an additional .61 which will be nice.

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/content-4.html
They don't look out of the picture to me, Scott at Destroked just set up a dealer acct. with them and was told the Allison controller is in the testing stages and working well. I just got my 4R100 controller and harness from them.

94ttss said:
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/content-4.html
They don't look out of the picture to me, Scott at Destroked just set up a dealer acct. with them and was told the Allison controller is in the testing stages and working well. I just got my 4R100 controller and harness from them.

If you dont mind me asking what did your controller and harness cost? Pm me if you cant post prices on the site. For what Suncoast told me it will cost I can buy another truck.

andy

I think PCS controller is around 900 and change. Dont know where you got the "out of the picture" line but seems as though that is not true, like Kai said it is in testing and will be available soon, they say 1-2 months I think.

I can get you any of the Destroked stuff, pm me if you want a price. We dont have a crossmember or mounts yet but I am sure that on the to do list for Scott.

PCS has the retail prices on the page I linked about 3/4 of the way down.

What was the price they quoted to you I would like to know so I can start planning my options.

Well it is still in the development stages they told me but the way it is looking they are thinking the price will be anywere from $8000-$10000. That is including a new trans to but man that is a big chunk of change.

Andy

True, it's costly, but for some reason I don't think it will be a plain jane Allison in the kit LOL LOL

Ya'll keep us updated on this, doing an auto swap has been running around in my head for a bit.

I believe Allison makes a direct 'bolt-up' for the 5.9. It is a different tranny than the 1000 we all know of. I'm sure that it could be built just like the 1000 but I don't know if it would work as well?

Innovation is SunCoast. If there is a chance that the other Allison works better....they'll know first. However, I think the Asian trans will be the fix for stooopid power. And yes, SunCoast is already working on that as well. :)

So what would be the big benefit? From what I've read the Allison has to be built to handle high HP just as the 47/48's do. What is so good about the allison over a built dodge tranny? I'm not trying to be dumb here, just lost I guess.

BTW, I've seen literally hundreds and hundreds of allisons behind 5.9's but that was in garbage trucks, not pickups and the tranny was a bigger version than the little 1000's in the chevy trucks.

George

The Allison has much larger shaft and is less prone to breakage. Even the billet shafts in the 47re have been breaking and that starts costing alot. Plus you get the slightly lower first and the tighter gear spacing for towning. I also believe that the OD is a little higher as well. This truck has an allison in it. Fleece performance engineering was suppose to do it, one of the brothers own the truck. Has anyone Heard of them? Their names are Brayden & Chase Fleece and are located in IN up by INDY. Ok it will not let me post pics but here is a link to the pics.Siver Dodge

Andy

The extra OD in the 6 speed allison is higher, but the 5 speed version is not as high OD as the Dodge. If it's a matter of strength then I guess it would be worth it if you're laying down the kinda numbers that would break the dodge unit. I guess I was under the impression that the dodge unit could be made to handle 800+HP with some work. I never really thought about where to go if you're above those numbers.

The closer ratios could be a benefit I guess. I've never really done any heavy towing with mine, nothing over 14,000lb trailer weight so I've not found the need, but for you guys pulling heavy stuff it would be a help to have closer gears.

I guess it's one of those things that really doesn't become beneficial until you are at the maga performance/towing end of the specturm otherwise it's just not cost effective. At that point, have fun with it and post your results cause it ain't gonna happen with my budget anytime soon :)

George

Dazed&Confused said:
The Allison has much larger shaft and is less prone to breakage. Even the billet shafts in the 47re have been breaking and that starts costing alot. Plus you get the slightly lower first and the tighter gear spacing for towning. I also believe that the OD is a little higher as well. This truck has an allison in it. Fleece performance engineering was suppose to do it, one of the brothers own the truck. Has anyone Heard of them? Their names are Brayden & Chase Fleece and are located in IN up by INDY. Ok it will not let me post pics but here is a link to the pics.Siver Dodge

Andy

Ive heard nothing but good thing about the Fleece brothers. The overdrive ratio in the 6sp auto is .61 i think plus the low first gear ratio. Ive thought about this alot and if i ever get some extra cash i think i'll do it. With my 37's, i could get 4.56 gears for good low end and still only run 2k rpms at 80 mph. That would be fantastic.

hi, im Chase Fleece i own the silver dodge ext cab shortbed that was at suncoast at the dyno day, sorry i couldn't put any numbers down. The truck is runnin good now. i will have pics soon. dazed&confused give suncoast a call they will set you up. and you will love the set up. real easy to install.

Dodge Allison said:
hi, im Chase Fleece i own the silver dodge ext cab shortbed that was at suncoast at the dyno day, sorry i couldn't put any numbers down. The truck is runnin good now. i will have pics soon. dazed&confused give suncoast a call they will set you up. and you will love the set up. real easy to install.

Thanks Chase, I emailed Suncoast and they are still working on the kit they told me. It should be out soon and they have to get the priceing set on the units I was told. I will have to wait and see what all it consits of and what all I will have to do. How do you like the Allison? Do you ever pull or race your truck. Very nice looking ride you have there.

Andy

so you've seen my truck anybody got pics so can add it to my sig, im gonna run quick diesel all year, and im gonna hit about 10 pulls with it, it will be at Ts performance in may, and it will be in indy, i ran this tranny for 8 months clutches looked great, converter was slippen though, put a stage 4 suncoast in it, the only thing it won't pass is a discount tire, shredds those 37's. keep buggin suncoast, good people!!!

Back