Aluminum 12v Head

Gambler

Anyone have experience with the Indy or Fatt technology 12v aluminum head?

I asked a question on Vendors Row, and there was a statement about lawsuits w/ FATT, so I don't even know...There was a statement that if the big boy's aren't running them, then he wouldn't trust the product...can see his side, but also on another note, DD aren't as prone to the pressures or rpm's as the Big Boy's...He also made the statement that, the majority uses Zack's head, obviously not stock...

After reading the thread about fatt that bodacious posted I'd have a real hard time trusting my money to them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience with the Indy or Fatt technology 12v aluminum head?

No experience with Fatt (company or products), but turned wrenches on a build using one of the first Indy pieces that Ken shipped. It was pretty, light, and expensive. I had it on my coffee table until it went on...that sexy. What info are you after?

Sent from my iPad

You could try Fatt, but, I wouldn't recommend them. I'd say you would have to leave a message letting them know you have money to give them. You will probably get a call back. Good luck getting back ahold of them after you send your money.

turned wrenches on a build using one of the first Indy pieces that Ken shipped. It was pretty, light, and expensive. I had it on my coffee table until it went on...that sexy. What info are you after?

How reliable is the head?

What are the flow numbers?

Do you have any proven HP numbers?

Not trying to douche on Indy, but, all these questions were e-mailed to them months ago with no response.

When I called Indy, I got some fella who sounded like he could care less whether I bought one of the heads. For the $7,500 starting price, a little professional courtesy would be nice.

You could try Fatt, but, I wouldn't recommend them. I'd say you would have to leave a message letting them know you have money to give them. You will probably get a call back. Good luck getting back ahold of them after you send your money.

How reliable is the head?

What are the flow numbers?

Do you have any proven HP numbers?

Not trying to douche on Indy, but, all these questions were e-mailed to them months ago with no response.

When I called Indy, I got some fella who sounded like he could care less whether I bought one of the heads. For the $7,500 starting price, a little professional courtesy would be nice.

Reliable? It's a naked piece of metal (unloaded version), so I don't have any way to measure reliability. It is CNC'd billet, so it is manufactured through a process widely considered superior to most everything else readily available, which means it likely is relatively reliable compared to a cast example. That said, at 3.0 power levels, nothing is reliable...that chit goes out the window at 750 hp.

Flow numbers are irrelevant, as they are generally built to order. The flow numbers would depend on your desired port specs - that said, I'd imagine they won't flow any more (or less) than another example created via a different process. The type of metal (and manufacturing process used) has little effect on airflow, relative to port specs. Hell, they can mill you a dead-nuts, spittin' image, billet version of a stock 6bt head...it'll flow the same as stock.

I'll disregard the "proven HP" numbers request, as trying to extract dyno numbers amongst the general demographic that products like these are geared towards, is like hunting for unicorn pu**y on Friday night. They take that chit to their grave.

Indy can be difficult (read: extremely) to get on the phone, but they're a really small outfit for the amount of business they do.

Sent from my iPad

Why not just use a Hamilton cast head ,as Haisley and Scheid uses them ported to there specs...

Scheid's and Robinson's Top Dragsters use ported Hammy Heads. Just sayin'.

No experience with Fatt (company or products), but turned wrenches on a build using one of the first Indy pieces that Ken shipped. It was pretty, light, and expensive. I had it on my coffee table until it went on...that sexy. What info are you after?

Sent from my iPad

More along the lines of curiosity is all and trying to do the comparisons on milling the intake, p&p, new intake, plus all the machining... I can understand what people are saying about Zack's heads. It seems if they were THAT good (Indy/FATT), more would be running them. I had started a thread on vendors row about the flow ratings of the FATT head, no one from the company chimed in and then there was some talk of lawsuits.

that chit goes out the window at 750 hp

Thanks for answering the reliability question.

I'm pretty sure were there or above with the stock head and it has survived so far. I want an aluminum head and I would pay the price Indy is asking if I had more real data to base my decision on. Meaning, if I could go to an event and watch an Indy headed beast make some passes I might feel a bit more comfortable throwing my money at it. Or maybe even some dyno runs showing the head performing reliably at different power levels.

Flow numbers are irrelevant, as they are generally built to order.

Not trying to poke to hard here, but, are you saying all I have to do is order the head and let them know I want to outflow anything on the market? lol
I wouldn't know the first thing about port design. lol

general demographic

I see the problem now. I need to become the part of the general demographic. lol

I'm pretty sure were there or above with the stock head and it has survived so far. I want an aluminum head and I would pay the price Indy is asking if I had more real data to base my decision on. Meaning, if I could go to an event and watch an Indy headed beast make some passes I might feel a bit more comfortable throwing my money at it. Or maybe even some dyno runs showing the head performing reliably at different power levels.

If you would read what I posted in the Fatt thread you probably wouldn't have asked that.

I imagine sometime in the next 6-8 months a "warhead" from hamilton will be available in aluminum, raised runners, equal flow to all cylinders and available in aluminum...
Can view entire backside of valve through port entry...

That is great to hear Crackerman. I need to give Zach a call.

I found what you meant there Shortbus, and I did read it before. Couldn't agree more with what ya said.

Iron is the main material. Was said that he needs like 15 people interested to do the others. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413638593.921265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an example of a billet head I designed and manufactured. Right now we are working on a Duramax cast iron head, and an aluminum billet head. We can also do Cummins heads too. We can pretty well do just about anything. I've been designing heads on diesels for 16 years.

Attachments

• WS_IHAlkyBhead2.jpg
    WS_IHAlkyBhead2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • WS_IHAlkyBhead1.jpg
    WS_IHAlkyBhead1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: