Aluminum 12v Head

Any of these fancy heads run water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer no water passages. I'd just end up filling it anyway.

Our Dmax heads can be purchased with or without water jackets. It really depends on how we manufacture the head. If it is for pulling or drag, I do not think you need the water jackets. We can also do just a water return on head to make sure the block is full of water. That is another option.

Our Dmax heads can be purchased with or without water jackets. It really depends on how we manufacture the head. If it is for pulling or drag, I do not think you need the water jackets. We can also do just a water return on head to make sure the block is full of water. That is another option.

So what's a ballpark price on a solid 12v Cummins head? And what kind of flow numbers do you think you guys can get?

The price of the heads will most likely fall between $9000.00 and $12,000.00. The head includes the springs and valves. Right now we are still working out manufacturing processes on the truck heads, and that will ultimately determine the price. We are working on something new that may bring the price down some, but we will not know until we complete a couple sets. Some might think this to be a little pricy, but here is what I will say to that. I have heads that I have built that are now 16 years old, still being used, and will probably continue to run another 10 years under extreme conditions. Can you say that about your turbo, or stock heads that are filled. So the long term cost is very low. Also some the of price comes from the fact that the heads are built per application, not one size fits all. So ports are built for what you are doing, not what someone else is doing. As far as flow numbers go, it will depend on valve size. The heads should flow in the 300's considering that most of the valve sizes are below 2.00. If I can get the valve to 2.00 or more, possible to see 400 +. I say this with caution, because the flow is not 100% of what will make hp. There are other factors that are very important for diesel engines.

Any CR heads in the works?

according what I read, a CR head will not be produced from certain manufactures until the Cr guys can take advantage of the air they already have. IE getting better control of the injector/ injection event.

according what I read, a CR head will not be produced from certain manufactures until the Cr guys can take advantage of the air they already have. IE getting better control of the injector/ injection event.

I don't see how thats an issue being that top feed injectors can be used with p-pumps.

Some of us don't have that issue...

I am only relaying what I read. The reason behind it was, the 12 valve still makes more power than any CR b engine can. From what was said, the 24 valve heads can outflow anything the CR guys are making. Again not my words, but I would have to agree that fuel is a limiting factor. Seeing no Cr trucks can consistently compete with the ppump trucks in the mod class.

What are you referring to. A head build for a ppump 24 valve?

I understand your just relaying the info.

I'm just saying the excuse doesn't seem valid to me. Because if a 24v head could be made to flow better than a 12v it would/should be done. The limitations of a CR system should not be the reason.

I understand your just relaying the info.

I'm just saying the excuse doesn't seem valid to me. Because if a 24v head could be made to flow better than a 12v it would/should be done. The limitations of a CR system should not be the reason.

If you think about it from a business stand point it's a grey area. Why build spent thousands of dollars on a head that can't be utilized. A stock ported head takes care of of fuel available. So a bad ass CR head that still take advantage of same fuel is kinda a tough justification for most to spend money on. Just depends on how you look at it.

I didn't get that either. You can completely over fuel a 24 valve head on a CR engine. Also the 4valve heads are not flowing as much as a 12v head typically. So I'm not sure of that statement. I guess we might be talking apples and orange too. I'm talking about at least a twin pump, and three pump setups.