Aluminum piston (unknown) 12v

Since there are 8, there is a pretty good chance they are out of some sort of V-8. Was there any kind of equipment setting around at the sale?

Since there are 8, there is a pretty good chance they are out of some sort of V-8. Was there any kind of equipment setting around at the sale?

There was actually 10 when I came across them but I
Only bought 8 cause I was assuming it was either 2 sets of 6 and 2 were lost or maybe a v8 and 2 extra idk I scratched my head but like I said I found these at an estate sale local to me and there was a ton of other auto parts and tools with this stuff I asked the seller for any more info but she said she just sits and sells and had no other infor
I would of bought all ten but didn't have enough cash on me
For all of em and the seller didn't care that I left two seemed dumb to not just give me a better deal but oh well
If there paperweights oh well but if someone can use them I'd be happy to know what I found was actually a useable Cummins part
I'm open to offers if there real and can be used

The pin diameter is too small from a 5.9 or 6.7 Cummins. They do not have a steel top-ring land so they are not a high duty cycle street use setup, but they are cast so they don't have the strength of a billet piston.

I'd say you've got a nice set of paper weights as far as usage in a Cummins engine. As for the real application, probably diesel with an offset injector based on the bowl design. Still not sure why it lacks a steel upper ring land.

The pin diameter is too small from a 5.9 or 6.7 Cummins. They do not have a steel top-ring land so they are not a high duty cycle street use setup, but they are cast so they don't have the strength of a billet piston.

I'd say you've got a nice set of paper weights as far as usage in a Cummins engine. As for the real application, probably diesel with an offset injector based on the bowl design. Still not sure why it lacks a steel upper ring land.

Well at least we've eliminated a Cummins but I'm a bit sad amy now my curiosity has me going even more, I'd still love to find out exactly what they are so if anyone else ha snore input let me know
but if anyone wants a set of paper weights I'm open to offers
$10 bucks +shipping a pop you could make some cool stuff

Well it seems clear now that I have a set of paper weights with that being said there gonna end back up in the garage for a long time real soon so if anyone wants a cool piston paper weight 10 bucks a piece plus shipping or take the set of 8 for 50 bucks

Back